Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DO THOSE SILLY CACHE TRINKETS HAVE ANY REAL VALUE ?

mountainborn Guest

DO THOSE SILLY CACHE TRINKETS HAVE ANY REAL VALUE ?

Like many here, as time goes by the trinket trade at the cache, has less value than the log book read.
    So, does it have any real value to the caching community ?
    You bet it does.
    While hooking up trailer lights to the cachemobile, I found one such trinket. It refreshed my memory of a great day of geocaching in Clarksville, AR.
    One of our cache team / raid members was pre teen HUNTER. HUNTER operated one of the PDA's and did many other assist / search duties that day.
    Although we traded few items that day, there was one that caught the eye of HUNTER. It was traded for and carried away to remember the day by.
    Some how on the ride back and the nap that ensued, it fell from HUNTER's grasp.
    Today I retrieved it from the back seat of the Jeep, and I remembered. Yes it had value for me, then, for I remered a pre teen interfacing with adults at a peer level while caching, gaining those valuable interpersonal skills that we all need as we go thru life.
    Expensive, no, valuable yes !!
    HUNTER had traded for a reminder of a great learning experience that could be shown to friends and be the topic of conversation. A conversation that will probably generate another new geocacher in our community.
    Thanks For providing this token of caching accomplishment to our valued team member.
    During a time when some quibble about trading "even" or "up", there is no value that can be placed on a youngsters learning experience.
    Once again, thanks Clarksville area cachers !

Geezer_Veazey Guest

Re: DO THOSE SILLY CACHE TRINKETS HAVE ANY REAL VALUE ?

Quote Originally Posted by mountainborn
    During a time when some quibble about trading "even" or "up", there is no value that can be placed on a youngsters learning experience.
    A great story, Mountainborn, and you summed it up well. Thanks for sharing that with us.

I noticed that your Avatar keeps flashing "Around the Bend". Is that supposed to describe you????? I think not, from your posts.

Guy

mountainborn Guest
    G_V sed:
    I noticed that your Avatar keeps flashing "Around the Bend". Is that supposed to describe you????? I think not, from your posts.
    >
    Yeh, nearly, headin' that way, I turn 63 this December. It needs to also say, "and headin over the hill".
    Still scuba divin' all summer long, but have trouble keepin' a dive partner, they come down with ailments.
    Spear fishin' rules !

MTNborn where you are Scuba Diving at. Scuba Diving rules.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Valorian Guest
    If your ever out towards Knoxville area there's a cache you have to dive to, may have to do it soon though if it interests you cause some reson I think it's a virtual you have to dive down and take information off a plaque to email to the owner, see if i can find the page for it and post

mountainborn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude
    MTNborn where you are Scuba Diving at. Scuba Diving rules.
    Mostly lake Ouachita, with some spearfishing in Greeson.

mountainborn Guest
    Valorian said:
    If your ever out towards Knoxville area there's a cache you have to dive to,
    >
    Sounds cool, I would like to see the link, thanks !

mountainborn Guest
    GEEZE !
    I think I just hijacked my own thread ?

Valorian Guest
    it is a virtual GCK9PV The Deep Dam cache

I thought there was one closer.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!