Page 79 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Milestone Caches!

chadbishop Guest
    i started caching on 5/22/9 and on 7/22/9 i found my 300th cache. im trying to make up for lost time. i dont really cache for the numbers. what im really proud of is my streak. today was my 75th day in a row finding a cache. it was also my 75th day since i started caching. ive tapped out conway so now its becoming more challenging.

on a side note, something you can tell people to promote caching. ive got a ruptured disc and several herniated discs and lots of scar tissue from a surgery a few years ago. i wasnt too bad overweight but since ive started caching ive lost 22 lbs. my back hurts worse but the rest of me is in alot better shape because of geocaching. getting out everyday has been very challenging for me.

i hate to sound corny, but geocaching has drastically improved my quality of life. i appreciate everyone who was doing this before me and taking the time to hide caches.

Chadbishop, that is a very impressive streak of 75 days in a row. Also 300 is no laughing matter. Some people cache for the numbers, some for the love of the hunt, some to get into shape, and some to get outside away from the television. As long as you are having fun, everything else is secondary bonuses. Especially you getting into shape while having fun! Hope to see you on the trail!

Congratulations, chadbishop, on your accomplishment. 75 days, 300 caches is a great milestone. 75 days straight geocaching is even a greater accomplishment.
    Also congratulations on your health improvement.

I started geocaching because my doctor told me I needed to get more exercise and that walking would be a good exercise for me. I, too, had some medical issues, such as a stint in my heart and prostate cancer. After hearing about geocaching I decided I would try that to get me off the couch. Although I haven't been quite as dedicated to getting out every day I believe it does help to have something to motivate me to get more exercise.

We are haveing our Searcy Meet and Greet on Sept. 26th and hope you can make it. It has been posted on GC.COM and the link to the page is:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... bdd5d58d63

Hope to see you there.

Searcykid

chadbishop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by searcykid
    Congratulations, chadbishop, on your accomplishment. 75 days, 300 caches is a great milestone. 75 days straight geocaching is even a greater accomplishment.
    Also congratulations on your health improvement.

I started geocaching because my doctor told me I needed to get more exercise and that walking would be a good exercise for me. I, too, had some medical issues, such as a stint in my heart and prostate cancer. After hearing about geocaching I decided I would try that to get me off the couch. Although I haven't been quite as dedicated to getting out every day I believe it does help to have something to motivate me to get more exercise.

We are haveing our Searcy Meet and Greet on Sept. 26th and hope you can make it. It has been posted on GC.COM and the link to the page is:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... bdd5d58d63

Hope to see you there.

Searcykid
    its a saturday, so ill plan on coming.

Congratulations to Conway cacher naes16 who made his 200th find today! Way to go Sean!

Great job cbsr on your accomplishments as well. That cache-a-day streak is awesome and you are really racking up the finds too!

I don't know when it happened, but I just noticed that HikerRon has passed the 4000 finds mark

edieo Guest
    Congradulation to HikerRon on his 4000th find thats awesome

Way to go, Ron! 4000 caches is a lot of caches. 5000 is just around the corner.
    One cache at a time!

bluesybreeze Guest
    Congrats, Ron on your 4000th. Woo-hoo! We'll get to have another 5000 club party soon.

BIG CONRATULATIONS ON THESE GREAT MILESTONES:

SPECIALTEACHER on getting 1000 before school starts
    00SHARK on getting the BIG #1000 - Way to go girl!
    and don't forget
    GINGERROSE who now has surpassed 1600 finds!

Great Job!