Page 100 of 182 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1815

Thread: Milestone Caches!

Way to go y'all! Ashallond, it is great to get to 1000. This now qualifies you for something...I'm not sure what, but it sure feels great!
    AFM, I'm not sure how many circles Tinman could have been walking in if he found 150 caches that day! He was probsbly a little too busy signing logs to be walking in too many. Way to go y'all! That is a MONSTER DAY!
    Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription...is more cowbell!!

It does qualify him for Paris1Time's Gold Ammo Box. That is all the accolades I believe come his direction, other than the braggin' rights.

Yea, I wonder how many we could have found if he didn't talk on the phone (GPSr) all day, we didn't spend five hours driving to and from Hot Springs, and he didn't spend all that time wonderin' around in circles. I guess we will hit 200 next time. What is your record QC? Didn't you and Denful break 200?

Why yes AFM we did find 215 one day, and we took some heat for our efforts on the Groundspeak forums. I will say that all the criticism came from one couple who just couldn't believe this was possible and wanted someone to check the logs. Ashallond, who I hadn't met in person at that point, came to our defense and said that from most he wouldn't believe it, but from Dentful and me, he would. I am still appreciative of that, and I won't forget it. So Thanks for that Ashallond, in addition to congrats for getting your name on the "Golden Can Of Fame"!

Just read that Ar-Hick has reached 3700 finds. Congratulations, Hick, on your accomplishment.

astrodav Guest
    Here's a milestone too. AstroBug just hit 7,000 miles on the cache-trail over on QC's "Community Anchor". The full stories there, if anyone wants to read it. But basically he's a vehicle-mounted Travel-Bug who has been logged into & out of every cache that I've ever found. 7000/960 = 7.3 miles per cache.

Since he also visits caches which I walk to, I'll be getting him as my 4th tattoo in a couple weeks.

So tell the AstroBug, "Happy 7,000th". :P

Congratulations Ashalland on joining the 4 digit club! Great accomplishment! I'm sure Paris will get your name on that gold can before the next event.

ArHick just keeps putting them out and picking them up. Great job Mike on 3700. 4k is just around the corner!

Ashallond Guest
    I will say that after doing 115 caches with about 5-6 DNF's and including 6 hours of just straight drive time to and from the cache trail (not on way) and really only caching for 8 hours, that 200+ is easily doable in the right trail area. maybe 300 if you have a good team setup...three people would be great (One to drive, one to manage the log finds, and one to run out and sign/stamp/sticker the log) you could get in a good groove.

The Main Haul 1-29 we did in 68 minutes according to my log stamps from my field notes. Get a really long, clean, obviously hinted powertrail, and I can even see 300 as an easily attainable number.

that being said, I think I would go insane if I did that track for 10 hours straight. Yeah, I'm glad to hit 1000 and get on the gold braggin' ammo can, but just to say I did it within a year is what I think I take from it.

and no, I don't plan to go that fast again...I may slow down a bit now.

Especially since I'm not knee deep in Quiz Bowl season, with state tournament on the 10th, and we're going in as the 1 or 2 seed.

Way to go Ashallond! See you on the trail.
    Apache Scout and Sioux-ZQ

The Fantastic caching duo of RKLMBL are on the hunt for 10K today.
    Good luck and Congrads on such a HUGE MILESTONE!
    I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
    Thomas A. Edison

I have it on very good authority (none other than WW9 himself), that they have done it! RKLMBL HAVE REACHED 10,000 FINDS!!!!
    My most sincere congratulations y'all!