Page 78 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Milestone Caches!

majii Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentful1
    It will be worth it Gingerose. BUT!!!!! Bruce and I are planning 2 more power runs in that area before deer season. One trail is on an old railroad bed 30 miles long that we plan on mountain biking and getting 200 caches on that trail. There is another power trail area that we will have to get later next early summer. I don't think you are going to catch Bruce. You already caught and passed me...be happy with that.
    Y'all looking for company on your power runs. It's been a while since I've done any of those...

Wow, all these big numbers make our 200th seem minuscule. Anyway just thought I would post that "They call me Tater Salad" by HRoFB (GCPJ1M) was our 200th Just thought I would post our small number and let you know we have had a ton of fun finding all of your caches!

edieo Guest
    Congratulation jclaudii for 200th find

We have decided that we are never going to catch him on the number of caches found - we are just going to live vicariously..... LOL
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

flannelman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jclaudii
    Wow, all these big numbers make our 200th seem minuscule. Anyway just thought I would post that "They call me Tater Salad" by HRoFB (GCPJ1M) was our 200th Just thought I would post our small number and let you know we have had a ton of fun finding all of your caches!
    Hey that isn't minuscule! If you had fun finding those 200 caches then that is what it is all about. I tend to cache in spurts so it may take me ten years to reach 1000 let alone 3k!

Hey I'm ready. I think I gotta take the kids to Magic Springs next Saturday but other than that I'm open as long as work doesn't get in the way. The more the merrier I say Majii!

Quote Originally Posted by jclaudii

Man, there is NOTHING small about 200 geocaches - We fondly remember our 200th and how hard we worked and how much fun we had getting there. Each cache adds it's own memories.... A wise man told us that some days it's about the numbers and some days it's about the adventure...
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

Most of the ones for us are about the adventure, as can be seen in some various pictures and stories. The ones we usually don't remember and are just smiley's are Park-N-Grabs. In a few years we'll be caching with two little ones and that could be fun right? Thanks all for the encouragement.

QC congrats on the 3000. You mentioned a while back about a 30 mile bike trail with 200 caches but I can't figure out where that is. On Saturday while in your fine city I happened across a brand new Dick's Sporting Goods. Never been in one and not sure if I ever need to go back. I couldn't help of dreaming of 200 caches on a 30 mile bike trail while I test drove new bikes around the store. I just knew 2ter and I were going to plow into some frail person, but we didn't. We were 2 of about 20 people test driving bikes around the store. One guy had rode all of them once and was starting over the second time riding them again. Needless to say 2ter talked me into getting a new bike (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Mom on the other hand isn't too happy. She didn't care if the bike was on sale for $200 off the retail price or not. Go figure, I never gripe when she buys all these clothes "on sale"....

jclaudii- Congratulations as well on the 200. I fondly remember my 200th cache as well. I was in so much of a hurry to get to a thousand the last several hundred blended together. I got to a thousand and it wasn't near as exciting as I thought it would be. Now if I could go on some of the QC Power Cachin' trips I could be to 2000 in no time!!

cachemates Guest
    Congratulations to QC, L2Canoe for those huge milestones and to all the others also. It is getting hard to keep up with all who break these milestones but congratz to all.

Arkfiremedic I have no way of knowing where the next Gutting of Texas will take place or the trail in mention, but here is one that we were going to do with woodwalker and rklmbl last year and I think you will find impressive. GC1CACR.
    Check out the caches in this area.

Wow! That has to be what he is talking about. Thanks cachemates.