Thread: OLDEST UNFOUND AMMO CAN CACHE IN ARKANSAS ?

mountainborn Guest

OLDEST UNFOUND AMMO CAN CACHE IN ARKANSAS ?

I brush hogged untill I didn't have a dry thread on me ! The bouncing of the tractor must have scrambled my brain. I began to wonder where was the oldest unfound full size ammo can cache in Arkansas.
    After a cold shower and a change into some very old, faded, thin and comfortable overalls, ( you know the patched and nearly worn out kind I like so well ), I took a quick look.
    After sitting in front of the computer, soaking up store bought air for a few minutes I had found only one in thirty pages.
    It had been placed in 2005, and was quite a few pages back, and unfound.
    According to the listing it is not a long hike, an atv could drive up to it.
    So, my question is this:
    As fast as caches are found in our state, how did this one miss being found ? And , . . . are their others ? Is there a easieer way to search than manually scrolling back like this old redneck did ?

cachemates Guest
    mountainborn, just curious. Where is this cache?

mountainborn Guest
    Appears to be N/E of Russellville, about 30 miles.

Phantom_491 Guest
    I just so happen to have a pocket query set up for unfound caches (All types). Here are the results I come up with.

(2/3) 1 Jul 05 Thoughtful Spot Letterbox by MadDog Family (GCPHAV)
    (2/3) 10 Aug 05 Heart of the Farm by combine (GCQ3CD)
    (3.5/4) 6 Jul 05 Buzzard Bluff by dirtybad (GCPKHZ)
    (1.5/1) 20 Mar 05 Ozark Oasis by The Sooners (GCN6C0)
    (2/4) 4 Aug 05 Rock-Crawlers Cache by CacheNaFlash,Tralyn,&Lil'Zo (GCQ0N2)
    (1/1) 10 Sep 05 2nd Annual JAKE'S Event by cachecrazies (GCQ0DQ)
    (2/1.5) 28 Jul 05 Beaver Lake Micro by peterrath61 (GCPXH

Valorian Guest
    a lot of people would skip it because of the 4 terrain. Or with the new cache alert programs some people backdate cache hides and it wont show up on them because it's not "new". I've a couple of approvers mention some hiders like to let their caches "age" a couple months or more before they post it gives the ammo can a good layer of leaves and stuff before the cachers go looking so it's harder to find

cachecrazies Guest
    We've wondered about the 4th one on Phantoms list - "(1.5/1) 20 Mar 05 Ozark Oasis by The Sooners (GCN6C0)" - It's easy - and the cache page describes it as "almost a drive by". But no one has found it yet. The coords do look funny - one set has 00.000 so we wondered about that!

We emailed the owner about any problems but have never received an answer. Guess we might have to make a run down there and see what the problem is for ourselves! Just can't stand to see an unfound cache crying it's lonely little heart out!

OKAY NOW, I've been called a couple names here lately due to "C R A Z Y" one of my newer caches in Jacksonville, but I didn't let it sit for two months to let a layer of leaves accumulate!!! Now that IS devious !!! (Hmmmm . . .)

cachecrazies Guest
    topkitty - that CRAZY cache can't be much more devious than it already is! But we managed to find it on Friday - and we're only slightlly crazier than when we started looking for it! It was a fantastic hide - thank you! Coming back today for more punishment!