Thread: OLDEST UNFOUND AMMO CAN CACHE IN ARKANSAS ?

OLDEST UNFOUND AMMO CAN CACHE IN ARKANSAS ?

I brush hogged untill I didn't have a dry thread on me ! The bouncing of the tractor must have scrambled my brain. I began to wonder where was the oldest unfound full size ammo can cache in Arkansas.
    After a cold shower and a change into some very old, faded, thin and comfortable overalls, ( you know the patched and nearly worn out kind I like so well ), I took a quick look.
    After sitting in front of the computer, soaking up store bought air for a few minutes I had found only one in thirty pages.
    It had been placed in 2005, and was quite a few pages back, and unfound.
    According to the listing it is not a long hike, an atv could drive up to it.
    So, my question is this:
    As fast as caches are found in our state, how did this one miss being found ? And , . . . are their others ? Is there a easieer way to search than manually scrolling back like this old redneck did ?

mountainborn, just curious. Where is this cache?

Appears to be N/E of Russellville, about 30 miles.

I just so happen to have a pocket query set up for unfound caches (All types). Here are the results I come up with.

(2/3) 1 Jul 05 Thoughtful Spot Letterbox by MadDog Family (GCPHAV)
    (2/3) 10 Aug 05 Heart of the Farm by combine (GCQ3CD)
    (3.5/4) 6 Jul 05 Buzzard Bluff by dirtybad (GCPKHZ)
    (1.5/1) 20 Mar 05 Ozark Oasis by The Sooners (GCN6C0)
    (2/4) 4 Aug 05 Rock-Crawlers Cache by CacheNaFlash,Tralyn,&Lil'Zo (GCQ0N2)
    (1/1) 10 Sep 05 2nd Annual JAKE'S Event by cachecrazies (GCQ0DQ)
    (2/1.5) 28 Jul 05 Beaver Lake Micro by peterrath61 (GCPXH

a lot of people would skip it because of the 4 terrain. Or with the new cache alert programs some people backdate cache hides and it wont show up on them because it's not "new". I've a couple of approvers mention some hiders like to let their caches "age" a couple months or more before they post it gives the ammo can a good layer of leaves and stuff before the cachers go looking so it's harder to find

We've wondered about the 4th one on Phantoms list - "(1.5/1) 20 Mar 05 Ozark Oasis by The Sooners (GCN6C0)" - It's easy - and the cache page describes it as "almost a drive by". But no one has found it yet. The coords do look funny - one set has 00.000 so we wondered about that!

We emailed the owner about any problems but have never received an answer. Guess we might have to make a run down there and see what the problem is for ourselves! Just can't stand to see an unfound cache crying it's lonely little heart out!
    "Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

OKAY NOW, I've been called a couple names here lately due to "C R A Z Y" one of my newer caches in Jacksonville, but I didn't let it sit for two months to let a layer of leaves accumulate!!! Now that IS devious !!! (Hmmmm . . .)

topkitty - that CRAZY cache can't be much more devious than it already is! But we managed to find it on Friday - and we're only slightlly crazier than when we started looking for it! It was a fantastic hide - thank you! Coming back today for more punishment!
    "Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."