Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd Annual JAKES event

I'm not sure if I'm going to make it Arkansas has a Home game and I have season Tickets. Hogs or caching decisions decisions!!!!!!!!!
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Phantom_491 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude
    I'm not sure if I'm going to make it Arkansas has a Home game and I have season Tickets. Hogs or caching decisions decisions!!!!!!!!!
    My decision was easier. Caching, or seeing my daughter this weekend. She won without a vote even being called.

Everyone have fun. I'll be thinking about you!

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    I could see where this comment about your 'Jakes" event was going to be a long post until I remembered this old, long unused saying that just about says it all and with a lot less words. “You did us proud.”
    Thanks. BPNJ
    PS. Next time I will bring you a bigger hammer (inside joke you had to be there) if you will bring me cooler weather

Bob and Linda, this years event was just fantastic. Once again, you guys had everything so well planned and organized that all the rest of us had to do was cache and talk caching. I know that you have put in a lot of hours to make that happen and you certainly should be commended for all your hard work. A great, great job. I agree with BPJ, you did us proud.

cachecrazies Guest
    Thank you all for the kind comments! We sure hope that eveyone had a good time and enjoyed it. The work is all worthwhile when it turns out as well as this! We couldn't have done it without everyone of you - ya'll helped more than you'll ever know and we appreciate it so much!

We got extra surprises from many of you - thanks for all the snacks and goodies and give aways and brochures that everyone brought with them. BPNJ added to our memories by giving a "MOUSE" $2.00 bill - goes in our collection! And Jerry, Bonnie and Abby were outstanding and surprised us with our very own Kripy Kreme ammo box - now all we need is a Krispy Kremes in town to put it out by!

And each and everyone of you cachers are special to us! What a wonderful feeling you've given us!

Sorry I did not make it. I should have gone ARKANSAS GOT ROBBED!!!!!
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

cachecrazies Guest
    For those of you that attended the JAKES event - You're not done working yet!

We've been contacted by Today's Cacher magazine to submit an article and pictures about the JAKES event! So we'll try and put something together but we STILL need your help!

Please send us anything that you'd like quoted or like to say about the event or it's reasons for happening. Teaching kids, providing families with entertainment, etc. - whatever was important to you.

Also - we have some pictures - does anyone object if we submit their picture to the magazine? We'll post the pictures first on the JAKES cache page.

cachecrazies Guest
    Sorry - we've been pretty slow this week! But some pictures are now up and posted on the cache page.

NatureFish Guest

bummer

I hate that I missed this, but I just couldn't make it!

I spent all of last month in Biloxi MS doing disaster-relief after Katrina, where we had no electricity, phones or, of course, internet.

Since I got home I have continued to work with victims and have now been tasked by the Director of Homeland Security to work with the Alabama Governors Office to create a new role in the disaster-relief plan - that of Relief Information Liaison, a single point of information that has all the info on benefits and services available from each provider and how to get them. This turned out to be the biggest failing in this relief effort - no coordination or cooperation in information dissemination. I hope to have a hand in fixing that.

Now I am painting my house, plus trying to catch up on a month's honey-do's, so, forgive me please, but I just couldn't get away! I look forward to meeting you and will try to make the next event.

Ed