Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greetings!

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyEngineer
    Tis true Chili36. What can we do to help this side of the state out? We're so out numbered.
    How about pushing up some mountains with bluffs and rivers at the base and waterfalls feeding them? Seriously, I know there are many scenic areas in east Arkansas. I just haven't got around to going that way. I will be visiting in Jonesboro tomorrow and will grab a cache or two.

To me, when the rice fields turn golden it is very beautiful.

Geezer

LadyEngineer Guest
    When the rice turns golden or when the cotton make it look like snow, but that is seasonal. Plus we've got some enormous cottonmouths that are non too friendly. I'm considering places everyday, but keep throwing them out because I don't know if they would attract people. I just finished an 80 acre reservoir and considered asking the farmer for permission, but figure no one would want to head out to see rice fields and soy beans and corn stacks. There is a fabulous museum on agriculture in Stuttgart, as well as riceland foods and producers rice mills. And what about the marshes along the White River? Plus the Louisiana Purchase monument is over here. I know that an actual cache is not promitted but what about a virtual one? Anyones feed back would be greatly appreciated. I'd be willing to put some if I knew they would attract people.

Phantom_491 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyEngineer
    When the rice turns golden or when the cotton make it look like snow, but that is seasonal. Plus we've got some enormous cottonmouths that are non too friendly. I'm considering places everyday, but keep throwing them out because I don't know if they would attract people. I just finished an 80 acre reservoir and considered asking the farmer for permission, but figure no one would want to head out to see rice fields and soy beans and corn stacks. There is a fabulous museum on agriculture in Stuttgart, as well as riceland foods and producers rice mills. And what about the marshes along the White River? Plus the Louisiana Purchase monument is over here. I know that an actual cache is not promitted but what about a virtual one? Anyones feed back would be greatly appreciated. I'd be willing to put some if I knew they would attract people.
    You know the saying. "If you build it, WE will come!"

nonnipoppy Guest
    Hello also to Lady Engineer, Strider869 and Chili36. I just missed listing your names earlier in this thread. Welcome to the fray. LadyEngineer you will get the chance to meet nonni but not in August. She must be in Dallas on business during the scheduled time of the meeting in Burns Park.

There are some really interesting things about Crowley's Ridge that would make great stories about a cache. But FYI in May 2003 when nonni and I started caching there was not a cache in Johnson County. After Golfnutz got involved we have placed 80+ caches in the nearby area. So the comment build it and they will come is true......poppy

chili36 Guest
    The number of caches in the Delta is growing. Of course, being so close to Memphis, there is no shortage of caches in the area.

I haven't run a query, but it appears that between West Memphis, Marion, Horseshoe Lake and Downtown Memphis, there are probably 25 or 30 caches at a minimum.

I am a little surprised that Jonesboro isn't more active in geocaching.

GEO Guest
    Hi ladyengineer,
    have you checked into the Louisiana Purchase Monument any yet.
    This would be a cool place to have an event now that more are interested.
    I did one a whle back but there just were not many geocachers at the time.
    It would be awesome now.
    let me know what you think and maybe we could work something out.

I would go I would love to see the Monument.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

chili36 Guest
    Louisiana Monument would be a good place for an event in the late fall to early spring, but the mosquitoes in that swamp will carry you away in the summer.

If I am not mistaken, it is one of the few State Parks where a geocache cannot be placed.

LadyEngineer Guest
    You are correct. They will not allow us to put one there. I can understand not allowing a traditional cache but not a virtual. I don't know enough about putting together an event Geo. I'm so new at this. I've never been to an event and have only found 12 caches. It would be a great place though. It's really cool there. Coooool not cool. Let me get past Aug 21 and actually see an event and how it works and I might think about it.

cachecrazies Guest
    WELCOME CARDINAL!!!

Saw that you're our newest member - and we're elated that you're here!
    We've all been concerned about you - hope you're doing better even though it's a slow and painful process.