Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Your Listing Approved

NatureFish Guest

Getting Your Listing Approved

[NOTE: Webmaster, please lock this thread and pin it to the top of your forums, then delete this note, if you so choose, so that your members will have the following info available. Thanks]

Hello Arkansas Geocachers!

As a Groundspeak Reviewer recently assigned responsibility for Alabama and Arkansas and the duties of Reviewer-At-Large for the Southeast I want to introduce myself and offer an oportunity to enter into dialogue with my constituent base.

First and foremost I am here to help geocachers get geocaches listed, so this will not be a cacher-vs-reviewer relationship at all. I will go to great lengths to support you and help with your listings.

Groundspeak is leaning more toward the direction of defining a geocache as a container with a log, so you will find any other cache types examined and perhaps questioned more closely.

Caches in or near schools and airports, bridges and buildings that could cause concern in the community are being more closely examined as well.

While there is no fixed distance as yet defined, I am using the Federally-mandated Drug Free Zone surrounding a school for proximity rulings and a geocachers-can't-be-seen-from approach to other sensitive sites.

If I or another moderator archive, hold or ask for changes to a listing it is in the vein of trying to help you get a cache listed properly and is not in any way personal.

If you find yourself in a quandary where you think your listing "bends" the rules a bit, contact me through a reviewer note on the listing submission page or via NatureFish@gmail.com. Since so much of the geocaching guidelines must by their nature be a bit "gray" I will try to read and enforce them in the geocacher's favor. I will, however, quickly archive any cache that clearly violates the word, spirit or intent of the guidelines.

An open and honest dialogue in the form of reviewer notes is the best way to resolve such issues.

I can best be reached via Reviewer Notes on cache listings, and secondarily via email to NatureFish@gmail.com - PMs, forum rsponses, emails and contacts to any other address will likely not be answered. I may or may not check into this site very often, but am always available to you at that address.

One of the prime problems I am finding with new listings is that geocachers simply have not read the guidelines for placing caches.

They are long - but if read, understood and adhered to you will find your cache listings published quickly!

Take a few minutes and read the guidelines at http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#guide.

Understanding these guidelines will lead to a happy and fruitful relationship between Groundspeak, your Reviewers and the geocaching community that supports us.

Good luck, have a great time, and let me know if I can help you.
    NF

PS! I get a lot of this so I will head it off here!

Out of curiousity, who are you - really?
    I am NatureFish, friend to all geocachers!

While there are those who know my identity, and it really isn't hard to discover if you are just determined to know, I choose to remain somewhat anonymous to the community at large...mainly to seperate my Reviewer-related activities and communications from my personal.

If you do persist in discovering my identity I ask that you then keep it to yourself.

I get somewhere on the order of 100 emails a day to my personal account - I am quite sure you don't want your listings waiting on me to weed them out from all that before responding!

I have asked the few who DO know who I am to keep it to themselves, much as the other Reviewers you may already know may or may not also have anonymous Reviewer identities. Regardless of whether you know me only NatureFish will respond as a Reviewer.

It really wouldn't do you any good to know, as folks that approach me in my public ID with Reviewer-related issues will be referred to NatureFish.

As I said in the above post, I am here to support geocachers, that's all you really need to know!
    NF

Valorian Guest
    and darn it flirting with the reviewer doesnt help to get your cache approved faster

What happened to MAX CACHER
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

NatureFish Guest

MAX

MAX CACHER is alive and well and will be Reviewing here from time to time.

He is my go-to guy and I will consult regularly with him as I learn the geocachers and geocaching peculiarities (parks rules, etc.) Arkansas geocachers must deal with.

As the game grows new Reviewers are invited aboard and existing territories re-shuffled.

MAX CACHER has more responsibilities than just about any other Reviewer and asked me to take over primary responsibility for Arkansas as he was afraid he could not devote the attention you deserve and that he wants to give to all of the areas he covers.

As a Reviewer my responsibilities extend primarily to assuring that all listings conform to the Groundspeak guidelines.

I personally take that one step further by getting to know and becoming involved in the communities I Review, promoting the game, team-building and helping geocachers and their organizatons in any way I can.

I have had five caches, maybe six, submitted in the two weeks I have had responsibility for Arkansas and am particularly interested in helping grow the hiding community.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I look forward to attending some of your events and getting to know you.

NF

Rusty_da_dog Guest

Re: MAX

Quote Originally Posted by NatureFish

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I look forward to attending some of your events and getting to know you.

NF
    Drop dead would be a good start.........

Oh man, did I say that out loud

Black Knight Guest

Re: MAX

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty_da_dog
    Quote Originally Posted by NatureFish

NF
    Drop dead would be a good start.........

Oh man, did I say that out loud
    Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when i am angry.....Hope the dog doesn't turn into the hulk, lmao.......

Welcome Nature Fish.........

DK

Valorian Guest
    Dont think you'd like NatureFish when he's angry either

cachecrazies Guest
    Welcome Aboard Nature Fish!

As in all areas of life, periodically new blood needs to added so that no one gets complacent and assuming!

We've enjoyed Max Cacher (aka TN Geocacher) and Glenn - and are looking forward to working with you also. The only problems we've ever had with submitting a cache is when we overlooked supplying the needed information!

Our hats are off to all of the VOLUNTEERS that do this job that none of the rest of us want! And do it so that our pasttime is enjoyable for everyone.

We do think that you need to confiscate Valorian's avatar as it's more of a Nature Fish!

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachecrazies
    We do think that you need to confiscate Valorian's avatar as it's more of a Nature Fish!
    Don't take it yet...I was about to send them one of those photo programs that take out the red-eye = See the difference if you get the red out?

Welcome Naturefish, and thanks for aaall those things you are about to do.

thenaturenurd Guest

Whats with the hostility?

BK,

Work with the drugs man not against them...

Welcome NatureFish!