Thread: Pocket PC

BACKPACKNJACK Guest

Pocket PC

First thing, I was trying to log in for hours yesterday (using my PC) and I could get the logged in page but that is were it all ended. It said I was offline. Oh well.

Anyway.
    The question I was trying to log-in to ask is why I couldn't see the security code using my iPac. I was trying to see if I could log into and post using the HP iPAC and a WIFI hotspot maybe. I could get here but I could not see the security code or even the box, just the words Security Code so was unable to log in.
    I know this is not an issue with the site but ya gotta post web stuff somewhere and being just a plain old pond turtle trying to catch one of them thar "CompuGeeks" or "WebGeeks" or oneahthem "NurdalTurtles" ya use what bait ya got.
    PS. It seems instead of hanging around the old folk trying to prepair for my retirement, I maybe should have spent more time around the younguns cause 1st graders know more about this stuff then I do. I never realized I would use HTMLcode and BBcode more often then I use a sparkplug gauge.
    Anyway, just because you read it thanks. If you have an answer I can understand, bless you, and now that your my bestest friend I'm sorry I called ya a NurdalCompWebGeek

Re: Pocket PC

Quote Originally Posted by BACKPACKNJACK
    I was trying to log in for hours yesterday (using my PC) and I could get the logged in page but that is were it all ended. It said I was offline.
    It wasn't just you. It seems that the web site was having some problems most of the day yesterday. Things seem to be fine today. I contacted LongDogs, and he may be the reason it's working again...

Quote Originally Posted by BACKPACKNJACK
    why I couldn't see the security code using my iPac.
    Well, I'm sorry to say that I don't have an exact answer for you. However, I can tell you that I log in using WiFi on my PocketPC frequently. I've never experienced this particular problem, but I'll throw out some things to try (beats twiddling your thumbs, I guess...).

First, make sure that you didn't lose your internet connection while the page was being loaded. It seems like the security code is one of the last things on the home page that is loaded. Try reloading the page a couple of times and see if it appears.

You will also want to try clearing the cookies on your iPaq. Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Clear Cookies.

That's about all I can come up with. Maybe someone else can think of some other things to try. Let us know if you get it working.
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Valorian Guest
    wasnt just you, it told me I hadnt logged in since Oct, 17th 2003 and that "today" <yesterday> was Oct 17th 2003

BPJ did you have a scroll bar on the side?
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    I was able to see the security code with the iPaq and use it to log-on about noon today and I even played with the autocomplete word thing-a-ma-gig but then the submit button would not work and I was even unable to log off. I guess the servers may have been busy but at least I got logged in so that is a step farther then I was before. The word complete feature is sort of helpful when typing with just a single stick.