Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a T/B hotel type cache in the LR/Jacksonville area?

nonnipoppy Guest

Is there a T/B hotel type cache in the LR/Jacksonville area?

rkl and poppy will be in the NLR/Jacksonville area upon the morn. Looking forward to finding a few caches, or running up our numbers depending on your perspective.

I am in possession of a few T/Bs that need to be swapped.

Any T/Bs that wish to go northwest a few thousand miles are invited to find us tomorrow as nonni and I will be in Seattle in a few days and then on to Alaska.

Any replies posted here before departure at 5AM will be helpful. If you would like poppy's cell phone is 479 979-4442.

Thanks for any help.........poppy

demonicangel Guest
    Hey Poppy!
    Depending on the part of Alaska you are headed... there's a poor little TB up there that needs to find it's way a little southward.
    Homeward Bound http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=72897
    Is a puppy that's in a cache not far out of Fairbanks and his goal is to make it back down to Arkansas.
    If you are going to be anywhere in the area it would be awesome if you could help it along it's way.

nonnipoppy Guest
    Hey there Toni,
    Well we are not traveling to Fairbanks. But I did email Sancho to see if there was anyway the T/B might get over to the coast by the time we are there. Because of sheer distance and the lack of roads I am not optimistic
    about our chances, but you can never tell. Stranger things have happened. Keep your fingers crossed......poppy

Valorian Guest
    Will anyone be talking to Nonnipoppy anyime before they make it to Alaska? I have a friend that also has an Alaska trapped TB but I'm not sure exactly where it is I saw the cell number up above but would feel awkward calling since I havent met them in person and all

Don't be afraid, Poppy just SOUNDS scarey!

Sorry, Poppy, couldn't resist!
    Seriously, he is a very nice sort. He won't mind you calling.

TK he LOOKS SCARY ALSO. hahahahahaha I could not resist POPPY, I still LOVE YA MAN!!!!!! Have a fun and safe trip!
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

nonnipoppy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Valorian
    Will anyone be talking to Nonnipoppy anyime before they make it to Alaska? I have a friend that also has an Alaska trapped TB but I'm not sure exactly where it is I saw the cell number up above but would feel awkward calling since I havent met them in person and all
    You are welcome to call but if you are feared of that just email me.....poppy

Valorian Guest
    Ok maybe it's more just calling someone I dont know that well and saying "Ummm is this Poppy?" cause I dont know any other name I'll give the lady that owns the TB being held hostage your number and your email address so she can give you the GC # of where the bug is and such to see if you might be going close by

nonnipoppy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Valorian
    Ok maybe it's more just calling someone I dont know that well and saying "Ummm is this Poppy?" cause I dont know any other name I'll give the lady that owns the TB being held hostage your number and your email address so she can give you the GC # of where the bug is and such to see if you might be going close by
    If the T/B in question does not belong to Demonic angal please disregardthe next paragraph.

If the T/B in question belongs to Demonic Angel we are aware and have email Sancho in Fairbanks about the T/B. However he has not answered that email and may not be available at this time. Even if he does answer I understand the distance factor in Alaska. We will only be in Ketchikan. Juneau and Skagway. that is a loooooong way from Fairbanks.

And FYI the name is Max.........or as the grandgirls say, poppy. If I can hear you I will answer to a lot of other things.

If

demonicangel Guest
    I gotta pipe in and reinforce what everyeone else is saying. There is no reason to be scared of Poppy. He is just as "normal" as the rest of us. (well... if you can call our group normal that is). But he's a great guy.
    And Poppy, if you don't hear from Sancho or he can't do it then don't worry about it, the whole idea of that TB was for Sancho to release it in Alaska for me and to see what sort of route it takes coming back home. I just didn't think it would sit up there as long as it has so I was trying to hurry it along. But I guess he'll move when he gets good and ready to, hehehe.
    Oh... and I don't think the one Valorian is talking about is mine... not sure but I doubt it.
    And please have a safe trip. Enjoy yourself though. :P