Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jeeps

LadyEngineer Guest

New Jeeps

Has anyone in Arkansas be contacted or been sent some of the new White Jeep for this years contest? Does anyone know how we go about getting on their send list for getting those little jewels started so we don't have to wait until one waunders into the state????

Phantom_491 Guest
    WJTBS?!? Where?!? **Looks around, In tree stumps, under rocks**

Nope haven't heard of them.

LE I should be on the list to get some of the WJTB's Last year I got 10 YJTB's for the Tri-State Geocachers. Hopefully like last year they will just show up. If I do get some I'll let everyone know.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

The way I read the text on jeep.geocaching.com is that they have already placed the 5000 bugs and the game is on. Perhaps they circumvented the placement procedure from last year and came up with a new method. I would think they learned a few lessons from last year. Maybe we need to go revisit caches that haven't been found in a while. ?!?!?

I just jumped over to the jeep site. They have a "track travel bug movement" link now and it is already filling up with entries. The bugs have been placed!

Quote Originally Posted by SpankytheWizard
    The way I read the text on jeep.geocaching.com is that they have already placed the 5000 bugs and the game is on. Perhaps they circumvented the placement procedure from last year and came up with a new method.
    That's my understanding, too. It sure seems to me like they are saying that the jeeps have already been placed.

From http://jeep.geocaching.com: "We’ve hidden approximately 5,000 Jeep Travel Bugs in caches located in the lower 48 states."

If that's the case, I wonder how they got distributed? Somebody had to place them....
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    The game is on! It seems to have started on the 8th and the WJTB's were placed in the hands of cachers who had from zero cache find (just dropping off this bug) to old pros with over 2,700 finds. I didn't research more because I'm only connected at 16.4 kbps

http://jeep.geocaching.com/track/history.aspx

It also said that they were going out to the organizations that got them last year. I'll lok for the exact quote later tonight.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

SteveBrown Guest
    I've got a bunch of WJTB's to put out, but I'm sorry I'm not coming to Little Rock this weekend. What I have will end up in Kansas City tomorrow. You could have a great caching experience if you come to Kansas City this weekend. There are 4 of us putting them out this week in KC.

WOO HOO HOO HOO HHHHHHOOOOO

GUESS WHO GOT EMAIL TONIGHT TO ASK IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO PLACE SOME WHITE JEEP TB'S??????

LadyEngineer Guest
    TopKitty, your not the only one that got that email. Let me know when you get yours and we can see about doing a special White Jeep cache placing day.

LE

Guess that means that they haven't placed all of them there jeeps yet??