Thread: Our angel

grandkid44 Guest

Our angel

Two and a half years ago I was sitting on the beach , at
    orange Beach , the heavens opened up and an angel fell in my lap. She was 2yo without a home. Initially she lived at our home, but then our youngest daughter Whitney fell in love with her ( everyone does that ) and filed for adoption. Those attending the MI steak cook-out met her. Last night we celebrated her 4 1/2 yo birthday , cake n' all . Today , at 3:00 pm the judge signed the decree , and , she is ours. We are beside ourselves with joy and wanted to share this with our geo friends . This precious little girl is an ardent geocacher.

couldbecaching Guest

Congratulations!!

What wonderful news! You folks are kind to take time on such an exciting family occasion to drop in here and share with us!

Sounds like God placed that little girl in the right hands!

Grace, mercy, and peace to all of you -- and abundant love and laughter in the years ahead!

Blessings,
    Shauna

Congratulations!!

What a great story. Congratulations! Looks like there is a lot of joy and love there, and I'm glad you shared it with us. Looking forward to meeting her in the future...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

arkhiker Guest
    Congratulations. Adoption is a wonderful thing.

Our first bundle of joy should be arriving in January. Before we got pregnant, we considered adoption. We are still considering it, actually.

cachemates Guest
    Congratulations Grandkid, I know this makes you and Bunny very happy. We're happy for you. Abby is also adopted.

Jerry Bonnie & Abby

Congrats Grandkid 38 what a great story.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

God is good!

demonicangel Guest
    Congratulations!!! And thanks for shareing your wonderful news with us
    It does my heart good to read things such as this.

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    I adopted a little boy way back when and came very close to being able to adopt a little girl also so I know the feeling. It seems to me that there may be a special spot in your heart that was shaped just for adoption. Thanks for sharing.

NatureFish Guest

Adopt

My interest in geocaching is all about the people.

Having been a sailor in Uncle Sam's Yacht Club for 9 years, run a business for 27 years, been a single dad of three boys for 11 years, been closely involved in my church, a Boy Scout as a kid and later a Scout Leader, a Mason and member of several other professional and hobby groups, I was stunned to discover that geocaching attracts more real, quality, loving people than any group I have ever been a part of!

After my three natural boys (now 30, 28 and 23) were off on their own I remarried and inherited another boy and a girl (now 16 and 14), then adopted another girl (now 22).

Seeing so many of you among this small population that share those values reaffirms to me the special qualities of most geocachers!

In 3 years, almost 2K caches and 50+ events in 10 states I can still say that this is the best group of folks I have ever known!

I look forward to meeting each of you!
    NF