Thread: Cache Defacement!

Phantom_491 Guest

Cache Defacement!

I was stopping by a very popular cache (A TB Stop) on my way home from Texas, and when I opened it, I noticed a distinctive odor emanating from the cache, and everything was wet. Having been out of the state for a while, I didn't know if it had rained in the 4 days since I had last visited this cache, but I didn't think that 4 days was long enough to make a cache smell like that, plus I knew that I had closed, latched, and rehid the cache like I found it. After I drained the cache, and made my TB Swap, I opened the log, and found out exactly what happened.

Evidently, someone had urinated into the ammo can, and then had the gall to log it with a note saying "Don't You Feel Like A Dumb A$$!"

After I read that note, I quickly wrote my entry into the log (Which was perfectly dry), repacked everything, and beelined to my cache mobile to wash my hands.

I will be emailing the owner of the cache to let them know the status of the cache.

Of course the perpetrator of this heinous thing, didn't sign the log with their real name, so we'll never know who did it. According to the log entry, this person was a cacher at one time, but I guess he/she became disgruntled. I don't know what could cause a person to do this, but let's all keep our eyes open.

Oh, man, now that is gross. I just don't understand the motive or logic of something like that. But then again, I find myself saying that a LOT these days...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile