Thread: May 2022 ArkGeo Board Meeting Minutes

May 2022 ArkGeo Board Meeting Minutes

13th May, 2022, 6:30 pm
    Serrano's Mexican Grill, Conway, AR
    (Meeting was held at a restaurant, as there had been a recent fire at Burdick Hall.)

Board Members Present:
    Pat Vaugh, President
    Randy Elder, Treasurer
    Laura Neale, Secretary
    David Solomon
    Judy Vaugh (guest)

Board Members Absent:
    Angela Munden, Vice President
    Chris Rasmussen
    Justin Murphree
    Jason Nickols, Website Manager

Agenda presented & approved.

Judy Vaughn raised the issue of a request from John Calaway, Trails Coordinator from the Fairfield Bay Resort, for geocaches to be established along the trails he manages. Present members didn't know of any active Fairfield Bay cachers, but discussed possible ways to grant the request. Judy will work on a presentation.

Officer Reports:

President's Report:
    "This has been a busy quarter for Arkgeo as we work to get the Association back up and running after a 2 year suspension because of the pandemic.

Working with the website manager, all previous board members access to board privileges(i.e. Access to board forum, additional forums, etc.) were removed and all current board members were granted board privileges. All Arkgeo passwords were changed. Working with the Treasure, names of the former Treasure and President were removed from the Arkgeo Bank Account and the current Treasure and President were added.

Work has begun on rebuilding membership in all our committees.
    This Room [UCA Burdick Hall 218] has been secured for the next year for the second Friday of the first month of each quarter(January, April, July, October).

There is still a lot of work ahead, but I know that working together as a board we will be able to get Arkgeo back to the strong statewide association that it once was."

Treasurer's Report:
    On Feb 22, 2022 Pat Vaughn and Randy Elder met at the Regions Bank on Military Road in Benton and were able to have authorized signatures for the checking account changed to just those 2 and all previous Treasurers and Board members that were on the account were removed.
    A couple weeks later Randy met Sharon Simmons (previous Treasurer) at her office to get the check book along with a file of receipts and original Ark Geo documents. There was also security info on accessing the 3 main accounts Bank Account at regions Bank, Paypal account and Pathtag account.

After getting this information all expenses and receipts were collected and updated financial reports produced from the latest produced in March 2019 thru May 12, 2022.
    Balances in Accounts April 1st, 2019
    Total-4,005.16 (Checking-3,862.50,Paypal-32.66,PathTag-110)
    Receipts 4/1/2019 thru 5/12/2022 - 189.50
    Expenses 4/1/2010 thru 5/12/2022 - 442.75

Ending Balance 5/12/2022
    Total - 3,751.91 (Checking-3,553.61, PayPal-46.80, PathTag-151.50)

Website Manager's Report:
    via message boards, 5/16/22
    "Payment for the Domain has been paid - Receipt is in our gmail and copied to our google drive as well.
    Transaction ID
    6HW31009HT5908459
    Transaction date May 16, 2022 14:33:12 CDT Payment: $30.32Paid until May 26th 2024Edit with link to our Google Drive with receipt as well. https://drive.google.com/drive/u/5/f...8p5Wglul9tpWxB"

David Solomon had to leave unexpectedly, so the vote to approve website renewal fees was taken early: passed with 4 yeas (unanimous among those present).

Committee Reports:
    tabled until committees are active

Unfinished Business:
    Reorganization of Committees - present members discussed updating current committee members & officers on website.

Reinstating Board Member Goals - tabled because quorum no longer present.

Building ArkGeo Memberships - present members discussed recruitment experience & strategy.

Increasing Participation by Current Members - present members discussed engagment strategy.

New Business:
    Next board meeting is July 8th, 2022.

Adjourned

Submitted by Secretary Laura Neale

Thanks for posting the minutes of the last meeting, I enjoy reading them. Are board meetings open to the public? I'd like to become more involved with the arkgeo group, I don't have anything for the agenda just interested in the process.

Reese486 thank you for your interest. In answer to your question, yes Arkgeo Board Meetings are indeed open to anyone who wants to attend. We would love to have you attend and to get more involved. We are currently in a "rebuilding" phase and are trying to increase interest and encouraging all Arkgeo members to join a committee. Our committees actually are the backbone of the association. BTW, the July Board Meeting is scheduled for this Friday night. Look for a post in this forum for time and location. Hope we see you there.

Who has possession of the "store" items previously available for sale at events? That inventory is part of ArkGeo's assets.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by OldRiverRunner View Post
    Who has possession of the "store" items previously available for sale at events? That inventory is part of ArkGeo's assets.
    I have possession of the store inventory. Yes, it is part of ArkGeo’s assets.
    One cache at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by MathSeeker View Post
    I have possession of the store inventory. Yes, it is part of ArkGeo’s assets.
    Thanks, Judy. An accounting of the value of these assets should be included in future Treasurer's financial reports for the Association.

This seems to have been overlooked in the recent past. I thought it was included at one time, but I have not dug back through the records to see if that is true. Regardless, it should be included going forward.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen