Thread: Just Checking

Just Checking

I hope everyone is doing well through these crazy times. I am so looking forward to the time we can all get together for some fun and fellowship. Hopefully that time will come sooner than later.

Stay safe out there and happy caching everyone.

Mrs. AFM, 2ter, and I are doing as well as can be down here in L.A. I was most disappointed a couple months ago when we started the talk about cancelling the annual event as it is the only event I've been able to attend in Arkansas every year since I became a geocacher in 2008. Then BAM! A couple days ago, albeit I can't say it wasn't unexpected, the 20th Anniversary Groundspeak Block Party and GeoWoodStock was delayed for an entire year until August of 2021 and I really look forward to that as that has been an opportunity for the last several years to spend some really, really quality time with yourself and mathseeker. We've had adventures all over the United States and I look forward to many, many more in the future. So needless to say I've been pretty bummed that the two events for Geocaching- along with all the other events in my life- have been totally wiped off the calendar. Easter and church service, birthdays, funerals, graduations, interactions and clinical time for my Paramedic students- POOF. I too hope the time to catch up comes sooner rather than later. See you soon my friend. Stay safe and tell mathseeker hello from AFM.

Jimmy, Maggie and I are doing well. The humans in this household had light cases of “The Virus” but are doing pretty well now. Jimmy still has a lingering cough but is feeling fair. Missing our friends and family.

We have spent some time caching just the three of us. I have been trying to work around the house on the yard. Have to say it is looking better... Ha Ha. Maggie has enjoyed her time chasing butterflies.

Prayers for each of our friends for physical and mental health!
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

Ken, myself, and our loved ones are good so far. We've been staying home, except for grocery shopping. Sue has been gardening and we've both been attacking some minor projects around the house. Ken's recovery from his February emergency neurosurgery (in North Carolina) is progressing smoothly. He jokes that he never expected the entire world to go into "TIME OUT" with him during his recuperation period. When he ended up in surgery, we were extremely disappointed to have to cancel some international travel plans (that had been in the works for 2 years). Then we realized how blessed we were to not be traveling as Coronavirus overtook the world. Now, in hindsight, our cancelled trip was such a minor disappointment compared to what the world is dealing with. So much pain, loss of life, illness, job layoffs, disappointments, cancellations, etc have overwhelmed our world and turned our lives upside down.

Praying you all stay safe and healthy. We miss our children, our grandchildren, our other loved ones, and many friends, but know this temporary separation is so important.
    Hoping we can see you all sometime soon....
    Sue