Thread: Another Caching Misadventure

cachecrazies Guest

Another Caching Misadventure

The crazies decided to add a webcam to their cache finds so headed out to Jonesboro on Sunday to visit "Jazzman's Hardwired Cafe". The whole log may be found there but wanted to share our misadventures with you!

Six miles west of Jonesboro, our beloved, DEPENDABLE car decides to die! Tooling down the highway - it just stops! After waiting in the car at a slow bake (100 degrees @ 2 hours) but numerous encounters with nice people, car is nicely dropped off at the local dealership and the nice tow truck driver drops the crazies off across the highway at a local hotel. Needless to say - dealerships are not open on the 4th of July either - so that sets everything back until Tuesday morning. Crazies decide that lounging around the pool all day isn't bad (it would have been better if there had been Pina Coladas with little umbellas in them - but Jonesboro is in a dry county so we couldn't even drown our sorrows!) Nor is walking to nearby restaurants a problem - except that Mrs. Crazy already has a foot problem that doesn't like a lot of walking - and Monday morning Mr. Crazy decides to run his foot into the end of the bed thereby breaking a couple of toes (further damage to be determined tomorrow by visit to dr.).

OK - no car, no walking, cabs are $3.00 per mile, we'll stay at hotel and watch fireworks. We were 1 block from major show in Jonesboro and on the 3rd floor of hotel - perfect viewing spot. Except that the rain POURED down with a few nearby tornados, power went off all around and fireworks were postponed until Tuesday. Are we sticking around - no way!

Car at least didn't cost anything - there had been a recall on the problem and it only took 1 1/2 hours to fix. Do we head for home? Of course not - we're cachers! We headed to the webcam and got it! Got good pictures of the train derailment on the way home too (oh yeah - you didn't think this saga was over did you?).

We had multiple caches listed in the area - but SOMEHOW weren't quite enthused enough to do them. Got the one cache and headed home! A quick 120 mile trip had lasted 3 days - that's long enough!

3 days and untold amount of money for one cache - yeah, this had to be the hardest 1/1 cache we've ever done!

Notes to: Nonnipoppy - yeah, we know, what can we say - we own a Nissan!

Golfnutz - honest, we looked for the Best Western but it wasn't there. Do have to say that this was the best Hampton Inn we've ever stayed at - the whole staff was friendly and helpful. Kept us supplied in cookies and even every maid in the place asked about our car! Doesn't change our allegiance to BW though! You might wanna think about cookies though!

Oh, man. I gotta say that's one of the top caching misadventure stories that I've heard!

On the other hand, some would call this trip a rousing success. You found the cache!!!
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Of all places to get stuck in the middle of nowhere.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

demonicangel Guest
    Oh my!!! Sounds like our attempt at a vacation this past summer. At least you got the cache though :P