Thread: Lab Caches

Lab Caches

I just want to take a minute and say thank you to those involved in setting up the lab caches. Me and the boys took two days and did the whole series. It was amazing! We probably could have done them in one day, and that was the plan, but there is just so much to see and take in while doing these. I don’t get to Little Rock often, and had never visited most of these places, much less took the time to explore, read plaques, take pictures, et cet. Layne, my 11 year old, enjoyed Central High so much! His class had just read The Lions of Little Rock, so the visit there was very interesting to him! When we visited the capitol, we got to have lunch at the 500 Grill on the bottom floor of the capitol after taking a self guided tour of the place!! Geocaching is an amazing thing and I am just super happy I get to be a part of it. Thank you again!!

We agree with you Kimberly. A Huge Thank You to Woodwalker and Mathseeker for developing and implementing the 10 Lab Caches given to ArkGeo. They are very well done and we enjoyed each stop while learning many new facts. Despite living in Arkansas for 28 years, there were a couple of stops that we had never visited before. We had the opportunity to do the series on a Sunday which was a huge benefit for parking availability. Thank you!!!!

Regarding the Adventure Lab caches ArkGeo has in Hot Springs, I did those a couple of days ago (on Wednesday, November 13) and noted a problem with a couple of them. Two of the information signs needed for answers were missing - the one at Arlington Hotel and the one at Fogel Field.

But there is a way to get the answers. At each one, on the post where the signs used to be, is a QR code for an audible tour stop, which provides the necessary information if one scans the code and then plays the audio that opens. If possible, the Lab Cache instructions for these stops should be edited to tell those visiting the Labs to do this to get the required information.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

I remember seeing this addressed in the local paper.

https://www.hotsr.com/news/2019/nov/...ot-stolen-vhs/

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfishingcachers View Post
    I remember seeing this addressed in the local paper.

https://www.hotsr.com/news/2019/nov/...ot-stolen-vhs/
    That's good to know, Sharon! But in the meantime, shouldn't the Adventure Lab directions for those locations be revised to provide directions on what to do if the signs are missing? At the Arlington, it wasn't even apparent to me at first that there was supposed to be a sign there!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen