The Membership Relations Committee is happy to showcase some ArkGeo Geocachers through the "Geocacher Profile". The committee thought Linda Boyett aka TeamCocoaJP should be the next cacher to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name?
TeamCocoaJP

How did you choose your handle?
I started off as LindaXplores. After a few weeks I changed it to Shadow Chaos. Then when my beloved Cocoa (furbaby) passed-I changed it to TeamCocoaJP. As I carry her log my dog with me everywhere and we are a team. The JP is for her full name of Cocoa Jasmine Puffs.

How long have you been geocaching?
October 1, 2015

How did you find your first Geocache, and which one was it?
My first official cache was LCCC Dunkard Brethren which is now archived. Ironically I'm now the CO of LCCC-Dunkard Brethren Cemetery.

Who usually goes with you when you go caching?
My son CWBisnumber1. Sometimes the geohound Cujo will go. And once in a while I go alone or just the geohound and I go.

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up?
It varies. They drive me nuts lol. Some I have worked on for hours that went into days. Some I try for a while and ended up saying NOPE not happening and walk away in disgust lol. Sometimes I will slink back and retry them. Some are on the 'maybe one day' list.

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in?
The one right next to me, Cabot. It has lots of caches, puzzles, gadget caches, series, etc.

Do you do paperless caching?
I think this was before my time on caching lol. Oddly I do carry a notepad and pen when I cache to take notes on, as I log when I get home.

What kind of geocaching rig do you use?
Samsung Galaxy. I have been eyeballing Garmin's.

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching?
Yes. Its a great way to explore areas, see new things that you might not notice otherwise. And a good family activity to do outdoors. Love that you can take the furbuddies along too. Also for me personally it was/is a challenge. As I was told after getting a blood clot in my leg which results in it swelling and going numb etc-that I would never be able to do things like this. (Climbing rocks-up and down a 1000 steps). Well I proved to them and more importantly to myself.. oh yes I can and I have.

Where are you originally from?
I was born in Georgia (AF Base). I'm 1/2 British (Mom's side). Dad retired here in Arkansas. I married a man in the Air Force. Thought we'd travel everywhere. LOL we were here the whole 20 years he served. So guess you would say from here basically.

In what states have you geocached?
Besides Arkansas. Oklahoma, Missouri and Mississippi. Planning on Louisiana later this year.

What was your first event ever attended?
C.A.G.E. Meet, Greet, and Eat at David's Burgers- October 1, 2015.

How many caches have you found?

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest?
All. I like a variety.

What was the most famous cache that you have found?
Gorilla Stash

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries?
Rechargeable

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby?
I like both.

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide?
I always hope someone enjoys getting them. For me besides the cemeteries-most of mine are personal to me.

What is your favorite type of cache hide?
I like them all!

Out of all your hides, what are your personal favorites that you take pride in?
Cocoa's series. I have more in the works that I'm working on. Probably 'Cocoa's Toybox' from the series. As it's intended to have swag for the furbuddies who travel with us or wait at home for us to return.

What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh?
Whatever you can maintain! Anything from 1 to 1000 as long as you can keep up with it.

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby?
I was a muggle tagging along with my son and found it interesting.

What's your favorite geocache?
MathSeeker-Irish Dolman Replica. This is also the one that started me on this journey of wanting to keep caching. I loved it so much that geobuddy son and I brought Cocoa here (before she passed) and I took a lot of wonderful pictures of Cocoa and my son. Memories that I will cherish forever. Also woodwalker9-Zonkey. If it wasn't for caching, I'd probably never see an animal like that. And RAZZ007 -007 series. I had so much fun and funny and good memories doing that series. But it did spoil me. I thought all series was going to be in that good of shape lol. Yeah I know that's more than 1 lol. Hard to pick just 1. I love the gadgets, locations and ammo boxes etc. But my favorites are usually ones that are personal to the CO. Or ones that the furbuddy enjoys or the fun and adventure I had getting the cache.

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching?
Nova Scotia-near Oak island. England-I want to see the TARDIS and Stonehenge.

Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group?
With my son and geohound Cujo.

How many First to Finds do you have?

Are you a First to Find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications?
No-not my thing. Plus where I live-its hard to get a FTF lol.

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching?
Some yardwork! Love to read. Oddly I like reading cache logs-not just on my hides. I like reading other peoples logs on caches. Also like going back and rereading my logs on ones I have found. I guess reliving the fun lol. So if you have a premium that I have found and my name is on the 'looked at' part a gazillion times-that is why. Online games, and NASCAR.