The Membership Relations Committee is happy to showcase some ArkGeo Geocachers through the "Geocacher Profile". The committee thought Rbyslprs1 aka Jackie Fleming should be the next cacher to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name? Rbyslprs1

How did you choose your handle? About 10 years ago, I was trying to think of something for my email address. I was looking out the window and saw my front license plate. I live the movie "Wizard of Oz." The license plate read "rbyslprs" for ruby slippers. So that name just stuck with me.

How long have you been geocaching? 5 years

How did you find your first Geocache, and which one was it? It was a silver bison tube on a chain link fence. It was called "Honeysuckle" at Pleasant Ridge shopping Center. I had no idea what I was looking for. Took a bit, but I did find it and I was hooked.

Who usually goes with you when you go caching? Most of the time i am by myself. Other times, my daughter (Garrettspringy05) comes along.

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up? I love puzzles, but the puzzle caches just baffles me sometimes. Some I will solve, then it takes me forever to go get the cache. A few puzzles, I have been going back to for the last 5 years.

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in?
Little Rock, Benton, Hot Springs, Texarkana... I like to find at least one geocache in every city I visit. Kind of like a reminder that I have been there.

Do you do paperless caching? I'm not quite sure I know what this is, but I think that is all I do. (But I do sign the log everytime I find one.)

What kind of geocaching rig do you use?
2009 Chevy HHR

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching? I like geocaching because it gets you outside. It takes you to places you can pass everyday but might not notice. It takes you to places you have never been.

Where are you originally from? Born in Missouri, but lived in Arkansas since I was 5 years old.
In what states have you geocached? Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi

What was your first event ever attended? The first one was at Homer's by Ron & Mona White. I really didn't know what to expect but everyone made me feel welcomed.

How many caches have you found? 311... only cache in my spare time

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest? Ones with trackables, gadget caches, ones that takes me to historical sites
What was the most famous cache that you have found? Gorilla Stash in Mountain Home, AR

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries? Rechargeable.... my phone

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby? Finding... I have only hidden one

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide? Yes, my goal would be to point out sites or something in plain site you don't even notice.

What is your favorite type of cache hide? Well, I only have one hide and it is in a pill bottle. That was all I had at the time. But I would say, I like the lock in locks big enough for a trackable but small enough to hide.

Out of all your hides, what are your personal favorites that you take pride in? So far, the only one I have... "WOW! That's cool" GC85VQ7 in Little Rock, AR

What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh? Well, maybe the first hide after your first 100 so you get the hang of it. Don't hide if you don't plan on keeping up with it. After your first 100, then maybe 1:100, but don't overwhelm yourself.

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby? I have researched it in 2004, but the I got pregnant and had my daughter in 2005. Got busy with her and kind of forgot about it. I work at a compounding pharmacy and train P4 students. One student started talking to me about it and this was in 2014. It peaked my interest again and I started researching it again. Got on the website, found one near me when I was shopping (Honeysuckle) and was hooked again.

What's your favorite geocache? Maybe the Schoolhouse in Benton by Sdukes. Love all of hers. ( I have not made it Cabot yet) I also loved visiting Old Washington Historic State Park.

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching? New Zealand, Ireland, or Iceland
Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group? I usually prefer by myself. I have never went with a group though, besides my kids.

How many First to Finds do you have? Zero... I'm not really out for FTF. I like the lonely caches more.

Are you a First to Find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications? No, I have my settings on but usually don't check my email but once a week.

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching? Fishing, spending time with my kids but no, not really