Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cache Clarksville

I'll get the list and post it tonight
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

cachecrazies Guest
    We've got the laptop and MapSource. Plug in the coords and wham - does it save a lot of driving time! No more wandering around wondering where you're going! Added benefit of being able to log at night when you're out of town so you don't have to catch up with all of it when you get home. Have found that a lot of the hotels now have free high speed internet access - helps a lot!

edited for P.S.

P.S. When we were in Clarksville for the Meet & Greet, we used the laptop so Ar. Bugman could show us the sites where he gets some of his cache trade items.

OK here is the list of what I use

Laptop
    Delorme Street Atlas with USB GPSr
    GSAK
    Pocket Quires
    Cingular Wireless GSM Internet card for Internet on the go.
    Garmin 60c
    Compaq Ipaq Handheld

Here is how I use it:

I get the Pocket Quiries for the area I'm visiting then I take it into GSAK. GSAK sorts the found caches out then I export the whole database into Delorme Street Atlas(Office Depot $120 includes USB GPSr). In Street Atlas there are a lot of little flags on the map now and a description of the cache. Now enable the USB GPSr and now you have an arrow of where you are located now find the closest cache and directions to it. The Cingular Wireless card is for surfing the internet to make sure the cache has not been Archived since the quiry was sent. GSAK also has an Offline browser to check the hints and the past logs.The Ipaq is used the same way the Laptop is used when the laptop is just too heavy to carry the Ipaq does all the same things for caching taht the laptop can do.

If there are any questions anyone can feel free to contact me and if you are close enough I can show everyone how do use all the same stuff I use. If your not close enough maybe on a weekend I can go to where you are and do a Question and Answer with a hands on and do some caching wihile I'm there. Feel free to call me at 479-461-9295

Rusty_da_dog Guest

WoW

And to think all I take with me is my trade items, and my GPSr. Oh and a print out of the cache page. I must be doing something wrong either that or I am just not that high tech

nonnipoppy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude

Here is how I use it:

I get the Pocket Quiries for the area I'm visiting then I take it into GSAK. GSAK sorts the found caches out
    Gunnar,
    Why do you do it this way? The PQ will filter founds out before you get the file. I use GSAK but I filter out the areas that I do not need the caches. RE if I am going to Dallas I do not need the caches in western Ok.

Also do you use MapSource on the Garmin? WE use a GPSMAP 60Cs. Garmin City select will do the auto routing. Show where the caches are D/L the caches to the GPSr. Just wondered why the DeLorme.

BTW I am not challenging just comparing to what I do....poppy

I am such a sad cacher, I use a garmin emap gps and half the time, I hit the wrong buttons and all I know is a general direction and how far away!

Where do you get these things? On line or ?

Signed, the way pitiful
    topkitty
    >^,,^<

Quote Originally Posted by nonnipoppy
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude

Here is how I use it:

I get the Pocket Quiries for the area I'm visiting then I take it into GSAK. GSAK sorts the found caches out
    Gunnar,
    Why do you do it this way? The PQ will filter founds out before you get the file. I use GSAK but I filter out the areas that I do not need the caches. RE if I am going to Dallas I do not need the caches in western Ok.

Also do you use MapSource on the Garmin? WE use a GPSMAP 60Cs. Garmin City select will do the auto routing. Show where the caches are D/L the caches to the GPSr. Just wondered why the DeLorme.

BTW I am not challenging just comparing to what I do....poppy
    I use Delorme because I had it before I got my 60c and I have not bought the City Select. Delorme zooms within a hundred feet per half-inch and has ALL the United States in it not just a certain sections. I also use the MapSource for caches in the area that I'm in to send to my 60c. MapQuest is very vauge on streets.

Quote Originally Posted by topkitty98

I am such a sad cacher, I use a garmin emap gps and half the time, I hit the wrong buttons and all I know is a general direction and how far away!

Where do you get these things? On line or ?

Signed, the way pitiful
    topkitty
    >^,,^<
    Topkitty or anyone can call me anytime at 479-841-7634 and I can tell you where to get everything.

GEO Guest

EVENT EVENT EVENT

Looks like it is time for arkansas stickerdude and all those interested to put on a geocaching 101 or something to the like.
    maybe
    Arkansas 101 Geocaching Hi-Tech.

There you go! That sounds really good!

Maybe a fall meet and greet with Geocaching 101A-Z Hi Tech

topkitty >^..^<