Thread: Our Latest Find

Our Latest Find

I just had to post a message about our most recent and most physically challenging cache to date: Big Black Bertha. This thing is close to where we live, but we've been avoiding it since we started, simply because of the difficulty. On Saturday we committed to finally attempting it.

Big Black Bertha's reputation is well-deserved, to say the least. Poisonous snakes, mosquitos, saw-briars, ticks, oceans of poison ivy, trecherous terrain, etc., etc., etc.... This cache had all of the above and more! I will say that the cache location is absolutely beautiful, a classic Arkansas landscape, complete with huge bluffs and waterfalls. Getting there and back was the challenge! If you decide to try this one, definately opt for the water route, by canoe, kayak, or flatbottom. Maybe we're just weenies, but this one was a little over the top for our taste...

You can read our log for Big Black Bertha here.
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

GEO Guest

Latest Geocaching Adventure

http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.asp?PID=JC1721

200 Years and 1 Day after Lewis almost fell to his demise at Tavern Rock I recovered the Tavern Rock Reset Benchmark.
    s you can see by the photos it is a magnificant viw of the Missouri West.

I hope I got the URL thing right.

rock_hound Guest
    I was with Gaddiel on this one.....THE POISON IVY STILL ITCHES!!!!!!! Man oh Man I wish I had worn jeans.

I was told the Judge in Clarksville was one of the hardest to find in the state is this right?
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude
    I was told the Judge in Clarksville was one of the hardest to find in the state is this right?
    You got that right! I think we tried it four times before we finally found it, and even then, we had cachecrazies with us to help!!
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

RuffRidr Guest
    The Judge is definitely one of the more difficult ones I have come across. We were with another team looking for it. We came back to the spot 3 times. We pretty much knew what we were looking for and even confirmed it with another group that had found it. We still couldn't find the darn thing. Finally Poppy gave us pretty detailed instructions on where to look. I bet it was still another 20 minutes before we found it. I am also glad to have that one off of my list. I hear Poppy's Eureka cache is even harder.

--RuffRidr

Geoark1 Guest
    We were finally able to go caching today and got 9 in the Little Rock area. We have been so busy this spring and have missed the challenge however with todays finds we are back on solid ground again thanks for all the great caches. The most enjoyable one was Hackett's Hide because of the type of hide it is (Also Hackett is the name of the small town where I grew up close to). Again Thanks everyone

nonnipoppy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffRidr
    I hear Poppy's Eureka cache is even harder.

--RuffRidr
    Thanks for the kind words about The Judge. FYI Eureka has been downgraded to a 4 star. The only person to find it without me being there was Golfnutz and he kinda knew what he was looking for. So I took photos to show what it looks like and downgraded it 1 star, check the cache page.

But be forewarned some of the players from across the river are doing some really sneaky stuff. Check out Buzzard Rock, McVey Cemetary, Cachemas Tree,and Help! I've Lost My Cache. Also do not discount Russellville. Lots of problems there with Amalgamation, Intrepid also Main Street and The Evil One. Aunt Edna and Cousin Freddie are also boogers.

Poppy

Phantom_491 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nonnipoppy
    But be forewarned some of the players from across the river are doing some really sneaky stuff. Check out Buzzard Rock, McVey Cemetary, Cachemas Tree,and Help! I've Lost My Cache. Also do not discount Russellville. Lots of problems there with Amalgamation, Intrepid also Main Street and The Evil One. Aunt Edna and Cousin Freddie are also boogers.

Poppy

I can vouch for the toughness of some of the Russellville caches. I've taken 2 trips that way and only have about 12 or so found.

Another good cache is very close to GolfNutz's house (OU812). I searched about 15 minutes then Golf came by and we talked. He said I was very close and keep looking. I looked for another 10 minutes or so after he left to pick up Nutz at the Airport, and sure enough I had been staring at it for the past half hour.

'On the Road Again', and 'License & Registration Please' are also fun (even if they are Micros) mainly due to the special Camo /hidding techniques used on them.

Phantom 491

Eureka was not so hard the team of Geo*Trailblazer,Lukywest, and I found it at 11pm one night with out any help from Golfnutz or nonnipoppi. We did have a special tool and alot of flashlights.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!