Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Liar, liar pants on fire.

canoegoddess Guest
    DK, Why do you care so much about everyone else's numbers? It's not like we get any rewards for the most caches found.

And I know people that go on caching runs where they try to get 50+ in a day. You don't have to go every weekend if you do that.

It's pretty easy to do, but it's not as much fun for me, so I don't indulge.

Personally I'd rather take a long hike, and enjoy a nice view. So what if new members have more finds than me?

NatureFish Guest

Bull

I should know better by now to get sucked into this type of troll, but here goes.

My secret to geocaching numbers: Go find geocaches!

I did ten years in the Navy, then started and ran my own computer consulting business for 27 years, worked long hours and raised five children. Every week of that time I set something, not much, but something, aside, looking towards the day when I didn't have to do any of that.

Then I retired. Now I am spending some of it, my money and my time, playing.

I learned that geocaching for me is all about the people, so I rarely cache alone. I enjoy the friends I have made and the hilarious adventures and fun places we've been.

Most of my geocaching friends still work, but being retired I am most always available to go when they can.

Anyone that wants company caching for an hour or a weekend can post to our forums and whoever is free will join in.

We'll get seven folks, take one or more cars up to Nashville or Atlanta and cache for whatever time we have available. We stay together as a group, all look for the cache together, and whoever finds it generally signs a team name for the group. Anyone that was with the group at that cache logs it. In this way it's quite common to get 80 to 100 a day!

In Birmingham one can usually get 25 by themselves (if they hustle!) in a day. But remember we're crazy, especially in groups - a caching day is often 18 or 20 hours!

These numbers do, of course, reflect cherry-picking. You don't go after the hard ones or long hikes on a numbers run, you do those one or two at a time on leisuly days (or nights!).

So, to reiterate my secret - to get numbers, get out of your house and go find them!