Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Liar, liar pants on fire.

Re: New cacher...

Welcome, welcome! We are glad that you came by, and especially glad that you decided to post!

Quote Originally Posted by DONCowling
    Is this REALLY the kind of thread you want new cachers....new potential members... seeing the first time they log on to your site?
    Nope, it's not. I'd like to see everyone get along and discuss geocaching in Arkansas in a civil and adult manner. Unfortunately, that's not possible. On the other hand, each of us can try our best to make this happen.

Generally, we like to let people speak their mind (as long as they are nice and polite in doing so.)

Quote Originally Posted by DONCowling
    This thread is no shining star to the forums of Arkansas Geocachers Association, and sheds a very poor light on it as a whole.
    I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Please don't let the comments (either good or bad) of the few determine your attitude toward ArkGeo as a whole. We are a fairly large group of diverse people. I've met the overwhelming majority of our posters in person as well, and they all, without exception, were friendly, helpful, and cordial. Just remember that the comments made in this forum don't necessarily represent those of the group. Stick around and get to know us. I think you'll enjoy the group!

Thanks for weighing in on such a hot topic, and please post again!
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

twooldcrows Guest
    A short one. If any one feel that this thread and the “Competition, Friction or good ole fashion caching” is damaging or insulting and causing trouble to the Arkansas Geocachers Association or ArkGeocaching. Org. You may remove it or deleted it. You have our blessings and start from base one by been positive about Geocaching, Caches and cache owners. We notice a new posting by Nature Fish, Getting Your Listing Approved, you will find the Geocaching list of Guidelines. Our main challenge and concerned is placing caches in private properties without Permission and SOME cachers with WJTB are keeping it, grabbing it and not placing it for other cachers to have the experience or privilege of finding one. SOME are keeping it for a whole year and not sharing it with others. TB’s meant to travel not to be kept away from others and Bragged that they received few WJTB’s and not sharing with others to be found . We better quit.

Valorian Guest
    Jeep hogs are why there was less jeeps this year and if they want to continue hogging them will be less next year. no point of just logging them in and out of caches, write your story take the picture and move them on. if it's so you have more chances really you dont cause the other jeep hogs are doing just the same thing that one is . I've logged some of them, logged and set them free

twooldcrows Guest
    Amen!

I hold heartedly agree with DOWCowling(and Welcome to ARGA, I grew up in Malvern and Graduated from Magnet Cove in 91, If there is anything WE can do just name it.), NonniePoppy, and Valorian. All I have to say is

AMEN
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

twooldcrows Guest
    Crows last stand!

TWOOLDCROWS
    We have received a few e-mails from different cachers, some agreed with our threads, some told us to stay low and some told us it would be better to change our name and continue caching . We TWOOLDCROWS are proud of our name and don’t intend to change it. Some cache owner put out caches for friends, well, if we are in the area, we will do them, we like all caches and challenges. If you don’t want us to do certain caches, then don’t put them out in Geocaching pages. Start your own Geoclub caches for their friends. We know where we stand with some members.

WJTB’s sure have been abused and not allowed the privilege of traveling this year. Lot less then last year. Lots of cachers especially the new ones are asking where are they?. Last year was not that bad, but still there are some cachers that had YJTB’s entrusted to them to be placed, but they have been kept for a whole year and not shared or placed to travel. Some cachers did not get the privilege of finding even ONE YJTB, because they were not placed in a timely manner.

We noticed that a lot of WJTB’s have been grabbed by friends or shared in the (clique). Other have been kept to be grabbed again. Many have 0 miles. We admit that we did grabbed 4-WJTB’s and we don’t feel good about it, because there is no challenge in it. We think there would be more enjoyment if you find them then place them for others cachers enjoyment . We will try to ungrab the 4-Jeeps we got from ASD and do it the right way. (We appreciated it but we don’t feel right about it.) Even though this is practiced at some meetings it just feels wrong. We also noticed that some have been kept more then ONE WJTB and 0 miles in their possession. Are they being use for their private collection in their den or displayed on their car mirror .? Or Show and Tell with their friends?. Or use as Keychain to show their friend s that they have one..two..three..five or ten ? Must fell good?. “Somebody is watching YOOOUUU.”

WJTBs are made to move, to be placed in caches and moved like any other TB’s. Unfortunately some folks choose to hoard and hang on to them. We wonder, what is the challenge and enjoyment of grabbing TB’s?. We would like to CHALLENGE to all Cachers that are grabbing and keeping them for their own reason to RELEASE THEM for all cachers in Arkansas to enjoy the hunt, challenge and a chance to participating in the contest and put some miles on them. Cachers in AR. and many new cachers have not been able to find not even ONE and the contest will be over soon.
    We don’t understand, what the challenge is in putting a WJTB in a cache that is hard to reach or get to does it make them proud or build their ego by placing it so that many can‘t get to it?. Like places that required 4X4 and small four wheelers or boats to get to a island to get a WJTB?. What would happen if somebody gets snake bit, two hours hike and no communications, because of the Area?. Many cachers don’t have access to this kind of vehicles or boats. Well, many young cachers and beginners will not have the privilege getting WJTB. Especially families with small kids or Father and Son and so on.

We do remember our first Geocaching meeting when we where told that was OK to grabbed TB’s in the Meet and we did, but it did not feel right. We don’t see personally what is gained by this. There is no enjoyment, challenge or fun there is no way you can read the messages of where this TB needs to go or who sent it ,maybe it is for Numbers?. Personally, we are never grabbing TBs any more, we will try to find them and put them to travel for others cachers enjoyment let them collect miles and find their destination.. That is the challenge for us.

If the shoe fits wear it.

Getting off our soap box stepping from the pulpit it’s all yours. Perry Mason said: Case closed….“Arkansas Stickerdude said: This topic is just getting stupid. Needless to say I have not read much of the Smart A$$ stuff here.” …Beam me up Scotty, this planet is stupid , let’s go where there is a honest planet…. Over and out ‘nough said

TWOOLDCROWS

PS: AGREE, DISAGREE or AMEN? We are trying for 6-stars CacheAddict…. HE HE. Don’t takes us to seriously…fun is fun done is done.

Rockymountainflea Guest

Get along

I would just like to say "Welcome to Arkansas Geocaching". I have been on this site several times, I know I am looking at Adult names and I know you have to be over the age of 16 to drive, yet I keep trying to figure out how old we all are! This is ridiculous. We should be talking about things like getting together for a Geocaching Breakfast or taking part in a CITO or putting together the largest Geocaching event in Arkansas, or getting new people involved in the healthy GAME. Instead, we have a lot of cachers that want to stir up trouble because feelings are hurt. We have people who are not current members looking at this site to see if this is something they want to do. If I were any of them reading this thread, I would be totally turned off which, in the long run, is bad for the rest of us. If we have more people involved in Geocaching, we have more people hiding caches. If we have more hides, we also have more great places to find. Let's just get along and quit acting like teenage siblings. PLEASE![/quote]

LadyEngineer Guest
    RockyMountainFlea,

It is very nice to meet you. I enjoyed your post and hope you will post more. Any ideas on a meet and greet?

TwoOldCrows,

I agree that the Jeeps are not being done right. I only have control over my behavior and I hope that I can set an example that others would want to follow. Please note that if you do an advance search for white jeep (don't put an s on the end) there are 5021 records. If you will look through the pages you will find that a great deal of those have 0 miles and have never been taken from Jeep by anybody. They are still in Jeeps possession. Why that is? Not a clue, but that is one reason there are far less jeeps out to be found.

LE

Black Knight Guest
    Well, I think TwoOldCrows said it pretty well, at least in the Dark Knights way of looking at it, the only thing I might possibly add, is there are a few who think they are Gods in the geocaching world, who think they are all powerful, but that being neither here nor there, As they said if the shoe fits wear it.

I have been caching for awhile now, more than most, less than others, but long enough to know there is gonna be good and bad at anything you do. Everyone knows someone who when they show up just ruins the fun for everyone. Well, that is why people have feelings like two old crows, cause see they are good people, who enjoy spending the day out looking for a cache. Down home salt of the Earth people, then you have people like. ********* and ********* and ********* who think they are the BEST, and see alot of people don't enjoy that kind of thinking and it runs into this situation (notice names were withheld due to I enjoy throwing my .02 in every now and then and don't want to get banned anyway.....

Oh, and one last thing I am sure there are more people reading the smart A$$ comments on here, they just take it and don't reply, but I would bet gas money they read them

DK

thenaturenurd Guest

im sure rusty da dog

Black Knight or should I say Rusty Da Dog...if names are being withheld why are you posting under a false name.