The Membership Relations Committee is happy to showcase some ArkGeo Geocachers through the "Geocacher Profile". The committee thought Bronco's Girl aka Sharon Johnson should be the next cacher to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name? Bronco's Girl

How did you choose your handle? Well, my husband and I started geocaching together with the name of Bronco46. When I decided that I wanted my own geocaching account, together we came up with the name of Bronco's Girl for me.

How long have you been geocaching? With my husband Charlie, since January 2, 2008. Then I established my own account on June 27, 2009.

How did you find your first Geocache, and which one was it? Our son, Pudn, from Alabama told us about this activity in late 2007 and Bronco46 and I found our first cache together in 2008 but I found my first geocache (now archived) on June 27, 2009, and it was exciting to begin my adventure as a single cacher, if needed, while my husband was at work.

Who usually goes with you when you go caching? My husband Charlie, better known as Bronco46. Occasionally plsellers travels and looks for caches with us. Sometimes, just plsellers and I cache as a duo.

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up? I normally do not give up on puzzle caches. I like a challenge and Bronco46 and I will work for days, if necessary, to figure out the puzzle. Occasionally, we need a nudge from the cache owner or another caching friend to help us get started, but then we do not want any help. We want to see if we can persevere and figure out the answer for ourselves.

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in?I do not have a favorite area, but I enjoy caching in Texarkana, Hot Springs, Union County, Tuscaloosa (Alabama), and in northern Louisiana because we have a lot of caching friends there.

Do you do paperless caching? Normally, no.

What kind of geocaching rig do you use? My preference is my Garmin GPSmap 62s. Secondary is my I-phone.

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching? It keeps one from being a couch potato. You meet so many wonderful cachers at the events or on the geotrail, and my favorite part of caching is seeing so many different things in God's beautiful world that I would never have seen if my geocaching searches had not taken me there. I try to document a lot of what I see with photographs. That is why you currently will find 5,053 photos in my gallery.

Where are you originally from? Born in El Dorado, Arkansas. But graduated from Norphlet High School because I lived in that area while in school

In what states have you geocached? In all the states contiguous to Arkansas (Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi and Louisiana). I have also cached in Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Pennsylvania. My father was born in Pennsylvania and I like to go back there every few years.

What was your first event ever attended? It was one of allenearl58's Fired Up for Geocaching events in Smackover on 9/03/2009 (GC1RJG7). I had such a great time in spite of the heat. I loved meeting so many cachers and learn about them and seeing so many trackable items. It was so great that I posted 61 photos! I was hooked and made sure that I attended this great annual event every year until there was no one to host it anymore.

How many caches have you found? As of the end of October I have found 2,929 caches, which includes me attending about 67 events. I look forward to finding my milestone number of 3,000 soon but that number will be hard to achieve before the end of the year unless Bronco46 can stay out of the deer woods long enough to take me caching. I imagine plsellers would be pleased for us to go caching and help me obtain that milestone.

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest? Medium-sized ones that are large enough to put a trackable in but are small enough to be well hidden. Just a small pint-sized lock-n-lock will do for me.

What was the most famous cache that you have found? I do not recall a famous cache that I have found but I remember finding some very clever ones and meaningful ones.

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries? It is funny that you asked about batteries. Bronco46 and I use disposable batteries all year long and almost every one of them was previously used in one of his deer feeders. At the end of deer season he sacks up all the half-life batteries and puts them in the cachemobile for us to use during the next 12 months.

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby? I definitely enjoy finding caches more than hiding them. I love to see where and how other people hide caches.

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide? Yes, usually to bring attention to something. Also, I might hide a new cache or two when there is an event in this area so it will be a drawing card for those who had previously found all the caches near the event.

What is your favorite type of cache hide? I prefer traditional cache hides, ones that children will enjoy finding.

Out of all your hides, what are your personal favorites that you take pride in? I like ones which are hidden inside a fake animal and hidden in the woods, such as Flopsy (GC4HWZH), Mopsy (GC4HWZQ), Tree Frog (GC4NJ04) and Rocky (GC3V9NK).

What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh? That's a hard question to answer. Maybe one hide for every 100 to 200 finds. Also, I prefer that new cachers do not start hiding caches until they have found about 100 caches, so they will experience a greater variety of containers and ways to hide.

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby? Our son Pudn introduced us to it.

What's your favorite geocache? I do not have a favorite geocache but I like caches that are hidden in a series and have some meaning for each cache, not just a simple power trail.

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching? In every state in the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii.

Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group? With someone else, of course; and when we have events, I like for several geocachers to get together and hunt together. You get to see their joy when locating a cache.

How many First to Finds do you have? I do not know, but if Bronco46 and I are caching together, we tend to alternate claiming the first to find.

Are you a First to Find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications? No, I do not rush out to get a first to find because most of them are too far from my home, and secondly, if there are any new cachers in the area I want to give them the opportunity to get their own First to Find. I think my notification settings is about 50 miles.

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching? Yes, I like to take photographs and I love to cook. Usually in the evenings if I am not too busy or tired, I will play a few card games or word games on my I-pad.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my thoughts and joys of geocaching with you.
Sharon Johnson a/k/a Bronco's Girl