Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You May Be A Hard-Core Cacher IF:

BACKPACKNJACK Guest

You May Be A Hard-Core Cacher IF:

You may be a Hard-Core cacher if :

You built your house according to where the most caches were.
    You sold this new house when you had found all the nearby caches.
    Your AAAs are bought, “Buy one brick, get one free”
    Your last four vacations were spent less then 200 miles from home.
    You can remember the number of every pig-trail in the mountains but not Mom’s address.
    You change your smoke detector batteries every 500 caches. (more or less)
    You look forward to daylight savings time.
    Your rooster moves next door to get a little more sleep.
    You know the zip code for Snowball, Arkansas.
    Your children are named according to the trail you were on when you gave birth.
    You can name 100 cachers but only 4 Presidents.
    Your children know the altitude of more then 8 mountains.
    You consider Steve and Phantom and Geo amateurs
    You... (It’s your turn

Re: You May Be A Hard-Core Cacher IF:

Quote Originally Posted by BACKPACKNJACK
    Your last four vacations were spent less then 200 miles from home.
    Ha, ha! For us, this one hit very close to home (so to speak)...

Here are some more:

... you can't remember where you left your keys, but you can remember the name of every cache you've found in the last three months.

... your screensaver is a collection of pictures you took while geocaching.

... after being away from your computer for three days, the first thing you want to do is check the ArkGeo forums.

... you call your best friends by their username.

... when you come back from lunch break at work, your co-workers ask, "Well, did you find it?"

... when you go to Wal-Mart, you only buy items in containers that might be waterproof.
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

rock_hound Guest
    ...You shop at the dollar store more than once a week.

...You see devious cache containers in your sleep.

...You have a cache container preparation area in your home.

...Your toddler knows the defference between a micro, traditional and virtual.

. . . you can't pass a field, interesting tree, or historic marker without thinking, "Man, that sure needs a cache!"

. . . you can't pass anything boring without thinking, "Boy, a cache would liven this up!"

walkingshadow Guest
    .....you go to Bass Pro Shop with friends and while they are looking at the cool cloths you are jumping up and down with joy over cammo duct-tape.

Phantom_491 Guest

Re: You May Be A Hard-Core Cacher IF:

Quote Originally Posted by BACKPACKNJACK
    You may be a Hard-Core cacher if :

You consider Steve and Phantom and Geo amateurs
    Hey I resemble that remark. Actually I've had to cut Waaaaaaay Back on my caching activities. Things just keep poping up that won't let me cache like I used to. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into soon. IN the mean time...

You make regular trips to the Army/Navy Surplus stores for various ammo boxes and other cache containers.

You plan the route of your trip to visiit familiy based on the # of caches you can get along the way.

You go to get a new cache that appeared on the site, to find that it's not there, then later (after the 10'O Clock news) you find you can't sleep and drive the 20+ miles back out there to be the FTF.

You rush home after work, change clothes, grab your caching gear and are back on the road to a new cache in 10 minutes or less.

A real hard-core cacher

I heard a story this weekend about a real hard-core cacher. It seems that Rhone, while out hunting a cache, had both feet fly out from under him while crossing a foot bridge. He fell with his left arm behind him, and did a major tear of his rotator cuff. After getting up and assessing his damage, he decided to proceed onward to find the cache. Not only that, but after finding that one, he realized that another cache was just a short distance away, so he went on to find it. He ended up having to have surgery and is still taking physical therapy. So you might be a hard-core cacher if...

you injure yourself caching and refuse to leave until you've logged the find

cachemates Guest
    If you feed your dog from an ammo can.

If you give your wife the co-ordinates to her birthday present, that you have hidden in a ammo can.

If you are out of town of state visiting family and you go caching instead.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Valorian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude
    If you are out of town of state visiting family and you go caching instead.

HEY! I resemble that remark! We get to Inlaws late in the day and the next day instead of visiting like I should, I'm out hitting caches I'd have hit Fort Smith last time but I left my GPS cable at home