Thread: 2019 Grand Canyon Colorado River Raft Trip

2019 Grand Canyon Colorado River Raft Trip

I am looking for a show of interest in going on a 7-day charter rafting trip on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon in June 2019. The specifics:

• Launch date from Lee's Ferry, AZ: Wednesday, June 5, 2019
    • "Off the River" date: Tuesday, June 11, 2019
    • Cost of Trip (per person): $3104 (see below for what is included)
    • Size of group: 29 passengers and 3 river guides, on two large motorized rafts
    • River Guide Company: Hatch River Expeditions (hatchriverexpeditions.com)

What is included in the trip cost:
    • Overnight lodging for the night before launch
    • Sleep gear package (ground cloth, cot, sleeping bag, pillow)
    • Tent
    • Folding camp chair
    • 1 large dry bag for night gear storage and 1 small dry bag for day use gear
    • Helicopter ride on the last day to ferry passengers from river to Bar 10 Ranch (AZ)
    • Fixed wing flight on the last day from Bar 10 Ranch to Las Vegas (for those who would have flights from there to return home) or back to Lee’s Ferry area (for those who have driven there)
    • All food and its preparation; and National Park entrance fee.

What is not included:
    • Transportation costs from your home to Lee’s Ferry area and return trip home from Lee’s Ferry area or Las Vegas
    • Beverages (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) other than water, lemonade, and Gatorade
    • Personal gear, clothing, etc.

Important Dates & Deadlines:

January 6, 2018 -- At this time, I am just looking for a “show of hands” of those who are interested in going, to see if there is enough interest to proceed with the taking of trip deposits. If you are interested, by January 6, 2018, please email me at oldriverrunner@hotmail.com with the subject “2019 Grand Canyon Colorado River Running” and tell me the number in your party and their names. This is not committing you to go on the trip. It just helps me determine if there is enough interest. If there is not enough interest, the trip will be cancelled.

February 28, 2018 – If there are enough people who are interested in going on this trip, I will contact you soon after January 6 and provide you with instructions on making a reservation for the trip including a non-refundable deposit of $500 per person to secure your reservation. Deposits will be due by February 28, 2018. Reservations will be taken on a first-come, first-serve basis. This means that once reservations have been made and the deposits received for the 29 passenger spots, no other reservations will be taken. However, in that event, I will maintain a “waiting list” in case someone with a reservation has to drop out before the launch date.

February 5, 2019 – The balance of the trip cost is due on this date, 120 days before the launch date.

I think I have covered everything briefly above. But if you have more questions about the trip, I recommend that you check out the Hatch River Expeditions website for more trip information, including videos. If you still have more questions, feel free to contact me at oldriverrunner@hotmail.com ASAP, and I will try to answer your questions in time for you to make a decision.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

I'm extending the deadline to next Saturday, January 13. So if you are interested, please send me an email no later than that day.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

This is an amazing, once in a lifetime, trip. We had the blessing of white water rafting through the Grand Canyon in 1986. It was an unbelievable trip, even though it was before we discovered geocaching. Wish we could go again, but we know you'll enjoy the adventure ORR.

Due to a death of one of the people I had signed up for this trip, I have one opening. Please contact me ASAP if you want to go on this trip upcoming in June!