The Membership Relations Committee is happy to have the Geocacher Profile backup and running. We selected Jeremiah Sanders family aka Sanders_Sooners to be the next geocachers to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name? Sanders_Sooners

How did you choose your handle? We are originally from Oklahoma and are fans of the Sooners. Added our last name to the handle.

How long have you been geocaching? We started geocaching May 2013.

How did you find your first Geocache, and which one was it? The first cache we found was GC30CM5; nothing special, just close to home. We were hooked from the start!

Who usually goes with you when you go caching?
Most of my caching is solo. When we have time, Trail_Rated and I will do a full day caching expedition.

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up? I never give up on solving a puzzle. Sometimes I will be stumped and put it on the back burner. I usually spend a lot of time solving puzzles from all over the country during the winter. This gives me ideas for my own puzzles and sometimes I spot something that will help me solve another puzzle a year after originally trying to solve it.

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in? We have found caches in 20 states so far. Typically we focus on quality when we travel, seeking out high favorite point caches or historic caches. Our most enjoyable caches usually involve terrain and scenic areas. We especially enjoyed caching around Moab Utah finding caches only reachable by Jeep.

Do you do paperless caching? Is there another way? We find caches via Cachly app on iPhone.

What kind of geocaching rig do you use? By “rig” do you mean geo-mobile? We get from cache to cache aboard Boomer the Geo-Jeep (4 door wrangler).
Discover trackable EGWDA9.

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching? It is a great family activity that can bring you to places you didn’t know existed. There is something for every type of cacher; hiking, urban, puzzles, scuba, gadgets. You will also meet some great people along the way.

Where are you originally from? We are originally from “no man’s land”, Oklahoma panhandle. We have lived in NW Arkansas/Bentonville for last 16yrs.

In what states have you geocached? So far we have found caches in 20 states. Arkansas,Oklahoma, Missouri, and Texas are all over 100 finds

What was your first event ever attended? August Souvenir kick off 2014 in Bella Vista Arkansas. We just attended our first GIGA / Geo-Woodstock in Cincinnati OH.

How many caches have you found? Currently at 1,754 caches, we are starting to slow down with all the local caches in the bag. Typically try to find a dozen or so when we travel.

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest? Anything unique or custom that blends into its environment. Never turn down a classic ammo can.

What was the most famous cache that you have found?
The most famous would probably be Mingo. We have found the oldest cache in 8 states.

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries? Just recharge my iPhone

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby? Both hiding and finding are enjoyable. I feel like they are almost 2 separate games. I put a lot of work and expense into many of my caches. It is awesome to read a great log. Finding amazing caches is the fuel that keeps me going and motivates me to raise the bar in my hides.

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide? Just that people enjoy the cache and hope they tell others about the quality of caches in NW Arkansas / Bentonville area. Many of the cache hiders in the area take pride in hiding caches and focus on making NWA a geocaching destination.

What is your favorite type of cache hide? I have several types of hides from easy P&Gs to 5D puzzle and 5D terrain. My favorite hide is something I would like to find. Probably a high terrain / hiking cache with an ammo can at a scenic location. Likely not found very often but worth the hunt.

Out of all your hides, what are your personal favorites that you take pride in? We have 20 caches with at least 10 favorite points, some of them only a couple months old. Some of my favorite hides are Augmented Reality NWA - GC7QGCJ (the first active AR cache in the world!),
Night Cache - GC530E5, Zero In GC7JYRB, Frogger - GC7J3P6, Dead Drop - GC6ZRAP, Goad Springs -GC55C79 (archived), 50ft Down - GC6649T (archived), Cold Cave - GC679G1, Quandary - GC78KKK.

What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh? We have over 200 caches hidden. The proper hide to find ratio depends on how many caches you can maintain. If you look at my logs, I regularly check in my caches. On average 10 a week. If the cache is hidden well enough with the proper container it won’t require much maintenance. However, I don’t think someone with 5 finds should hide any caches. There should be a minimum quantity, probably at least 50 finds before hiding a cache.

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby?
We were introduced to geocaching during a camping trip with by brother-in-law, “Trail_Rated”. We found a couple caches that first weekend and were hooked.

What's your favorite geocache? Hands down, its got to be “Infernal Device” in OKC GC6XJQA, S5 Tunnel by Eureka Springs GCKQWY is a close 2nd.

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching? It would be amazing to go on a worldwide tour finding caches hidden where movies were shot like Indiana Jones in Petra Jordan
GC7B6VA, Star Wars in Tunisia GC2FDRQ, and Lord of the Rings in New Zealand GC1HCXK.

Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group? Most of my caching is solo but the best experiences are shared.

How many First to Finds do you have? We currently have 114 FTFs.

Are you a First to Find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications?
I have 3 different areas set up for max radius notifications. Bentonville, Joplin, and Ft Smith. Joplin and Ft Smith just so I know about new caches to find next time I’m in the area.

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching? Other hobbies would be Jeeping / Off-Roading, camping, and hiking.