The Membership Relations Committee is happy to showcase some ArkGeo Geocachers through the "Geocacher Profile". The committee thought Candace Dulaney aka cddulaney should be the next cacher to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name? cddulaney

How did you choose your handle?
It is my name... I didn't know I was supposed to be all sly about it.

How long have you been geocaching?
I found my first cache on 12-24-2011.

How did you find your first Geocache, and which one was it?
A friend had told me about geocaching... and I was on my way to visit that family... so I loaded and joined up on my phone... my first cache was Citizen Kane - GC1WMWD.

Who usually goes with you when you go caching?
Oh heck... my boyfriend... a friend's kid - mgr98... the Garrett family... lately mfs911 has been my caching pal... and I don't mind going solo.

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up?
Right... I don't... it seems that I don't have the patience nor the brain power.

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in?
In Arkansas... everywhere... I like finding the cache that is hidden in plain sight... right in the middle of a busy city.... I like finding the ammo can out in BFE... and I absolutely love finding a cache in an old out of the way cemetery... I suppose I am truly addicted... I like caching everywhere!

Do you do paperless caching?
yes... paperless... most of the time I just use cgeo on my phone... the only times I make a paper copy and use my GPS is when I don't have signal or I'm out of the country.

What kind of geocaching rig do you use?
my Samsung Galaxy phone... my Garmin e-trex 10... and my truck

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching?
Geocaching will get you off the couch and out of the house... if you try it a few times, and especially if you go with an experienced cacher, you will see things and go places that you would otherwise never experience.

Where are you originally from?
I was born in Riverside, California... I've lived all over the United States.

In what states have you geocached?
Arkansas... Nevada... Florida... Alabama... Indiana... New York... Mississippi... Oklahoma... Missouri... Kentucky

What was your first event ever attended? I
t was 1-30-2014... GC4X2Z9... the January CAGE event.

How many caches have you found? 1480

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest?
An ammo can is always nice... The kid in me likes going through the swag... The cache that takes me to an old cemetery that time and progress is slowly forgetting... The cache that stays hidden in plain sight with all the hustle and bustle all around it... and it doesn't matter the size or location... I like to read the logs... especially the older ones.

What was the most famous cache that you have found?
Gorilla Stash GC1B

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries?
rechargeable

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby?
Finding... without a doubt... but it is really nice to read a log where someone has written that they enjoyed your hide.

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide?
Not always... sometimes a location just needs a cache. I have this little music series that I'm building... The artist is the cache name and the cache is the song title... I like doing those... It isn't always easy to make a cache that equals a song title.

What is your favorite type of cache hide?
The ones in my music series, I guess the answer to the question is that I don't have a type preference.

What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh?
I'm not sure... I'm probably way behind, whatever it is... If you can maintain them... keep hiding them... but my number one rule is that this is not a job... finding or hiding... It has to stay fun.

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby?
Some friends joined us on a vacation trip in Florida... One of them pulled up this list on the phone... and their daughter had this little keyring animal with a numbered tag attached to it... She said that they wanted to drop it off while they were in Florida... It's goal was to go to different beaches... That was the seed... A few months later I was looking for my own smilies... My first was on the road to visit these same friends.

What's your favorite geocache?
Oh my goodness... I'm not sure I can pick just one... I love Zonkey GC25WE6... What once was... Throwback Thursday GC62WFN... There are so many that I have just really truly enjoyed... I can't name them all here.

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching?
I would cache in every country.

Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group?
Typically a group is more fun... always nice to share the experience with people you like.

How many First to Finds do you have?
I have no idea.

Are you a First to Find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications?
Maybe not... I don't know how many I have... I think my notifications are set to fifty miles.

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching? I like to travel around a bit... camping is good... fishing too.