Thread: April 2017 Geocacher Profile

April 2017 Geocacher Profile

The Membership Relations Committee is happy to showcase some ArkGeo Geocachers through the "Geocacher Profile". The committee thought Jean Kennedy aka MSHippie should be the next cacher to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name? MSHippie

How did you choose your handle? I wanted to keep a little bit of my home state with me. It is a play on how a born and bred Mississippian pronounces Mississippi, with 3 syllables rather than 4. It could also be read as Ms. Hippie or Mississippi Hippie. Just fun play on words.

How long have you been geocaching?
    Joined in 2007, first cache found in 2009

How did you find your first Geocache, and which one was it?
    I looked for the one nearest to my home – Sophia’s Dyer Park. It has since been archived.

Who usually goes with you when you go caching? One, two, or all three of my daughters, collectively known as ARgeokid

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up? Not very long, really depends on what type of puzzle it is…I am terrible at math and triangulating but I love trivia and history.

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in? I love the caches that are in parks or hiking trails but I have stuck mostly to Alma and surrounding towns.

Do you do paperless caching? yes

What kind of geocaching rig do you use? Not sure how to answer this one…my car or my GPS? I prefer using my Garmin Colorado, but for convenience I use the Geocaching app on my old Iphone 4s. My cachemobile rig is a Subaru Outback.

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching? Without a doubt

Where are you originally from? Jackson, MS

In what states have you geocached? AR, OK, LA, MS

What was your first event ever attended? 04/20/2013 Lake Louemma CITO by Jffok

How many caches have you found? 696+, I have been lax in logging my finds over the last few months.

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest? Traditional ammo can

What was the most famous cache that you have found?
    Well, I will have to decide that by the cache that has the most favorite points because I don’t believe that I have really found a famous cache – Studs R Plumb by Yazzman.

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries? Both

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby? Finding

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide? I haven’t hidden any myself.

What is your favorite type of cache hide? I love the ones that are in the middle of poison ivy and/or black locust trees.

What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh?
    Seems like some people are more cut out to hide than others. I would prefer fewer well thought out hides that offer a little challenge than a lot of micro skirt lifters just to make one’s numbers increase.

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby? Not really sure. I must have read about it somewhere.

What's your favorite geocache? Frisco #4003 (1919-1952)

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching? Australia

Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group?
    I would prefer a group but I mostly end up going alone.

How many First to Finds do you have? None ☹

Are you a First to Find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications?
    No

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching? Playing video games and reading

Thanks for allowing me to share my Geocaching story

Sorry for being a day late! I just lost track of what the date was. Hard to believe it is April already!
    One cache at a time!