Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A 2017 Challenge to All ArkGeo Members

Bookmark list updated again -- even MORE hides by rklmbl! Way to go!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

I've been kind of dormant for a while now but have recently been getting going aygain. It's been a long time since I hid a cache and I have tons of containers and ready to go caches. So count me in. Not sure if I'll get one a month but I will commit to at least 15 new caches by the end of the year. Thanks for starting this challenge ORR.

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I've been kind of dormant for a while now but have recently been getting going aygain. It's been a long time since I hid a cache and I have tons of containers and ready to go caches. So count me in. Not sure if I'll get one a month but I will commit to at least 15 new caches by the end of the year. Thanks for starting this challenge ORR.
    Hey, welcome to the challenge! The intent is to get more new caches out there to be found, with each person committing to placing at least 12 caches during the year. I figured one a month was a good pace to do this and not put too much pressure on anyone to get new caches placed. But if someone wants to put out 2 in one month, 6 in another, skip some months, then put out some more until they have put out 12 (or more), I'm OK with that. So if someone thinks it's too late to join the challenge, it's not! Heck, if someone has 12 new caches published on Dec. 31 this year, and they've committed on this website to the challenge, then they will have met it!

By the way, congrats to rklmbl and bUTCH46 who have already completed the challenge by placing at least 12 new caches out. Please excuse me if my count is incorrect, but I believe that so far this year, rklmbl have placed 22 new caches and bUTCH46 has placed 14 new caches. Way to go!
    Last edited by OldRiverRunner; 02-14-2017 at 07:04 PM.

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

In keeping with my promise on 1/26, I have decided to concentrate on putting new caches in the Damascus area where the March ArkGeo Meet and Greet: Damascus (6-8 PM on March 11th) is scheduled to be held. The following is a "status report" on that effort to make everyone's sojourn to Damascus worthwhile:

The sleepy little burg of Damascus has had to make do with about a dozen or so caches along Hwy 65 and a half mile off of 65 on side roads. Well, in order to help cachers who want to spend some time before the event grabbing a few caches in the area, I have already had 19 new caches published in the 10 miles between Twin Groves south of Damascus and Bee Branch to the north and have about another 17 ready to submit . . . I am spreading them out and submitting small batches each day.

I expect that by the day of the Meet and Greet that the number of caches in that area will be somewhere between 50 to 60 caches in order to give everyone a worthwhile trip. Come early, spend all day caching, then gather at 6:00 PM for the Meet and Greet.

See you there!!

P.S.

None of these caches are off in the woods or in the middle of a bunch of briars and virtually all of them are easy caches.

Smiff

Eugene,

I think I have all of you new caches to date included on my bookmark list for this challenge. Check it out and let me know if I have missed any. It's been hard lately keeping up with you! Thanks for stepping up to my challenge!

Old River Runner

ORR,

Golly, your bookmark list has a bunch of other caches (at least 35 of them) besides mine on it, and since you have published 40 of my new caches in the last 2 1/2 weeks, it will take me a while to cross check your list against the list in my profile.

By the way, I have about 20 more hides that I haven't submitted yet. . . they will dribble in as I get the time to submit them.

EuGene
    aka bUTCH46

My February Letter Box fresh with a FTF up for grabs GC70WX6

The bookmark list has been updated again!

Just a few more days to get in the Feb cache hide... paints drying on my new container (don't won't to give it away, but its a bit of a challenge to get into).
    Hope to have it posted tomorrow - just got to narrow down a good location out here for it.

- Savy