Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: A 2017 Challenge to All ArkGeo Members

Submitted a new cemetery cache for the challenge: GC72WHW

Quote Originally Posted by Sanders_Sooners View Post
    Submitted a new cemetery cache for the challenge: GC72WHW
    This doesn't show up as a valid GC code. But I have added another new one you had published on April 1.

I have updated the Bookmark List of caches placed in response to this challenge. If I have missed any, let me know and I will add them. The ones on the list were placed by cache owners who either publicly committed in this thread to place caches in response to the challenge OR stated in their cache descriptions (at least in one) that the cache was placed in response to the challenge. It's not too late to sign up for the challenge!

As of today (April 4), here is a summary of where things stand in the challenge: 175 caches have been placed in response to this challenge! The following is a breakdown by cache owners.

Geocacher # Placed To Date
    bUTCH46 100
    rklmbl 22
    Sanders_Sooners 14
    Old River Runner 8
    backcountrytrack 8
    Clark~Griswold 8
    granville_m 5
    Cloak.n.Dagger 3
    Savoy 3
    ronwhite & mona 3
    coon&bud 1

Note that the goal of the challenge is to place at least one physical cache per month. So, to be on track to meet the challenge, one should have placed at least 3 physical caches by now. But meeting the challenge is flexible. For example, if one has placed 2 caches this year so far, places none this month, and places 3 in May, then one will still be on track. And if one has placed 12 or more caches so far, one has already met the challenge.

And we have 3 so far who have done that!

Congratulations to

• bUTCH46
    • rklmbl, and
    • Sanders_Sooners

for meeting the 2017 challenge and making geocaching better for all of Arkansas!

"Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

My entry for April... just in time!
    (I'm doing this month by month to spread the love)

April is for Bees.
    https://coord.info/GC74VE2

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy View Post
    My entry for April... just in time!
    (I'm doing this month by month to spread the love)

April is for Bees.
    https://coord.info/GC74VE2
    Added to the bookmark list, as were several others added in the last few days by those who have accepted the challenge. 197 physical caches have now been placed in response to the challenge!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Just in time for May...
    May is Buzzy
    https://coord.info/GC76HWD

The bookmark list for this challenge has been updated and I think it includes all the caches placed so far this year in response to the challenge. If I have missed any, let me know and I will add them.

Also, my Arkansas Titan II Missile Silo (TMS) series is now complete. This series consists of 18 geocaches, placed near each of the Titan II missile launch complexes which were located in Arkansas during the Cold War, as well as a bonus cache (GC74PJR) for completing the series. Explore a bit of Arkansas history! Happy hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by OldRiverRunner View Post
    Also, my Arkansas Titan II Missile Silo (TMS) series is now complete. This series consists of 18 geocaches, placed near each of the Titan II missile launch complexes which were located in Arkansas during the Cold War, as well as a bonus cache (GC74PJR) for completing the series. ..
    Awesome... thank you for all the work on this!!

- Savoy/Les

Here's some updated stats on this challenge, as of today (June 13):

Geocacher # Placed to Date Met Challenge
    (at least 12 caches placed)
    On Track to Meet Challenge
    (at least 5 caches placed)
    bUTCH46 117 X
    Sanders_Sooners 26 X
    rklmbl 22 X
    Old River Runner 21 X
    Clark~Griswold 15 X
    Ssiler 12 X
    flowten 10 X
    backcountrytrack 8 X
    granville_m 6 X
    ronwhite & mona 5 X
    Savoy 5 X
    Cloak.n.Dagger 3
    butch724 1
    coon&bud 1

So far, 252 physical caches have been placed in Arkansas this year, in response to this challenge! Way to go!!!

A little more information:

506 physical caches have been published in Arkansas this year, so far. So the 252 caches placed in response to this challenge account for about 1/2 of those placed.

Again, WAY TO GO!

Additionally, there have been 44 events, 5 CITOs, and 2 Earthcaches published this year in Arkansas, which are not credited for this challenge.

Now that life has started to settle down I am can get back into the race...expect to see some new caches from me this month!