Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A 2017 Challenge to All ArkGeo Members

A 2017 Challenge to All ArkGeo Members

Chuck Walla tells me that there were only 915 Arkansas caches published on Geocaching.com in 2016. Of course, this tally includes a large number of events, not physical caches or Earthcaches. And this total number of caches placed in a year is down from 2015, when 980 AR caches were placed, and 2014, when 1572 AR caches were placed. And those numbers are down from the preceding years.

To turn this around and keep this game fresh and going strong, my challenge to all members of ArkGeo for 2017 is to place at least one new physical cache (not an event or Earthcache) each month, within Arkansas, and have it published on Geocaching.com.

According to the Board minutes, 70 members voted in the last election. I cannot find on the website any data on how many members ArkGeo officially has, but if all the members who voted in the last election met this challenge, then there would be 840 new geocaches in Arkansas by this time next year! Well on the way to exceeding the tally recorded for 2016. And if many of the non-voting members joined in and met the challenge, we would do even better.

So, do you accept my challenge?

If so, commit yourself here, publicly, and hold yourself accountable for meeting it. And post updates here throughout the year to let us all know how you are doing in meeting the challenge.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

I really like this challenge, it is a great idea! I will accept it and say at least 1/2 of my new
    caches will be gadget caches!

I have already challenged myself to archive some of my old PNG caches that have run their course too.

I love this idea too... count me in!
    - Savoy

We're going to give it our best shot.

Challenge Accepted - although they may come in clusters rather than one a month.
    Anyone else in? Hopefully someone in Conway!
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

I think this challenge is a great idea and will boost interest in caching. I know I'm guilty of having several caches ready to go in the garage but they need to be out on the trail. Will start getting things ready in the next few days. Thanks ORR.

Challenge Accepted my friend, I have already listed that in my own page, from last years goal and continues to be my goal this year. I am also removing some of my old PnG's and Dedicated myself to only hiding unique hides. Basic traditional be part of the past for me. I feel now that this is starting my 3rd year into geocaching, I should leave the PnG's to the new people, and focus more on Quality and not so much Quantity.

Yes accepted! I will start running over deer....oh yeah that met with a negative response on the FB page. How about a new series called I ran over a Squirrel near here? I have worked on a Wherigo and never finished it and also an Earthcache ( now this one somebody also had the same idea and I bowed out). I will try to hide some caches seriously. Already got an event and 1 hide for the year! Coon&Bud
    KoonandBud

My First Geocache of the year, a new letterbox! GC6ZKGN

This challenge has got me interested and so I will get busy preparing some new caches in Van Buren County. Smiff