The Membership Relations Committee is happy to showcase some ArkGeo Geocachers through the "Geocacher Profile". The committee thought Jeremy Axe aka FauxtoPro should be the next cacher to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name?

FauxtoPro (pronounces "Photo"Pro)

How did you choose your handle?

I am a wannabe photographer so it's a play on Faux (fake) and professional photographer.

How long have you been geocaching?

Since Feb 15, 2010

How did you find your first Geocache, and which one was it?
I saw a post on Facebook about geocaching and went to the website and created an account. I was surprised to see 300+ caches within 5 miles of my location. I downloaded the Geocaching Intro app on my iPhone and went on my lunch break in search of GCZ0PV - Peel Mansion. That was my first find and I have been hooked ever since.

Who usually goes with you when you go caching?
Most of my finds have come on solo hunts. Occasionally my 5 and 7 year old boys join me.

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up?
I have worked on puzzles for hours, weeks, even months! I hate giving up on them. I may set them aside for a short time and then I'm back on it!

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in?

Most of my finds have come within 40-50 miles of my home town of Bentonville, AR. We are working very hard to make NWA a geocaching destination. There are some very dedicated and creative cache hiders in this area.

Do you do paperless caching?

Yes

What kind of geocaching rig do you use?
I mostly use my iPhone with the official Geocaching and Cachly apps. I also have a Garmin eTrex30 for those times when I cannot get a good signal on the phone.

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching?
I consider myself a Geo-evangelist. When I get a chance to promote the obsession....er sport of geocaching I will go on for as long as they will listen.
Geocaching had taken me to places I wouldn't have gone otherwise. There are some beautiful places right here in our own backyard that I would never have thought about visiting if it weren't for Geocaching.

Where are you originally from?
I was raised an Air Force BRAT until my dad retired in 1984. I have lived in Texas, South Dakota, California, and Nebraska before moving to Bentonville.

In what states have you geocached?
I have cached in Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Alabama, and Florida. I took an almost 3 year hiatus from August 10th 2011 to August 6th 2014. During this time I had been on 2 cruises in the Caribbean. I didn't even think about looking for caches and I kick myself looking back at all the additional countries I could have added to my geocaching resumé. I guess I'll have to go back!

What was your first event ever attended?
GC591FD - Geocaching 101, Neosho Meet and Greet

How many caches have you found?
I currently have 304 finds

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest?
If I take my boys out with me I like to find mediums or larges so they can trade some swag.
If I am going solo, I enjoy a good micro.

What was the most famous cache that you have found?
I haven't found any "famous" caches per se but I have come across some pretty creative and unique caches.
Some include:
GC56QR7 - Goonies Never Say Die
GC4HFJF - Route 66 - Galena Murder Bordello
GC646HY - A Crystal Cache: Arkansas Quartz @ Crystal Bridges

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries?

Rechargeable in my GPSr

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby?
I like then equally however my find to hide ratio is almost 100:1.

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide?
I want my hides to allow the seekers to enjoy the journey and see and appreciate this magnificent game board we live and play on.

What is your favorite type of cache hide?
I like the puzzles. Both field puzzles as well as the ones you can solve prior to leaving the house.

Out of all your hides, what are your personal favorites that you take pride in?

I currently have only 3 active hides today.
My favorite is called NWA Pineapple 2.0 (GC687RE)
It's not the most difficult to locate but it is a pretty unique container.

What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh?

I would say maybe 30:1

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby?
I saw a post on Facebook and created an account.

What's your favorite geocache?
I would have to say my first find. It was a micro hidden at the base of a tree. It was a pretty easy find but I will never forget the feeling I had when I thought of the number of times I had been to this location and never knew it contained a "hidden treasure."

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching?

All over the world! Every continent and maybe even the International Space Station!

Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group?
I like getting together with my geo-family at events and meeting up with them on the geo-trails. I also enjoy spending time in nature by myself.

How many First to Finds do you have?
I have maybe 5 or 6 FTFs.

Are you a First to Find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications?

I have an alert setup to send me a text message on new listings within 20 miles.
I have been known to have to take an "emergency" break from work or leap out of bed in the middle of the night to go after a shiny new cache!

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching?

I have too many other hobbies to name here!
Some include:
Spending time with my family
Serving in my church
Photo, audio, and video editing
Outdoor cooking (fish fries, crawfish boils, smoking meats and cheeses, etc.)
Tailgating at Razorback football and baseball games.
I've also been known to scan a QR code or two while out on the geocaching trail or at a co-exist event!

Thank you for allowing me to share my love of geocaching.
You guys do a fantastic job of representing Arkansas in the geocaching world.