Thread: Solar Trekking, the end is nigh.

Solar Trekking, the end is nigh.

Hello all you happy cachers out there! I just wanted to let you all know that the multi-cache Solar Trekking is in the final stages of it's mission to help cachers and muggles alike discover the scope and scale of our solar system. The grant money that helped it get started and keep it maintained for a time has run out and some of the able bodies that set up and maintained the physical locations have either moved on or away. The remainder of us have reluctantly decided that it has been a good run but like all good things it too must come to an end. While most of the physical locations are still in good order, there are a few that are down and were in need of maintenance once again. We decided to leave the cache page up until such time as the physical locations are dismantled. The final stage will be left in place until the cache page is archived. If anyone would like to go out for a find on this multi-cache before it is taken down and the cache page archived, please feel free to contact me for navigational help. As always, Happy Caching!

Jesse, BsML

Thanks for letting us know about this. Will the cache remain active until at least the end of October? I would like to get to Mtn. Home and do this one, but it will be late this month before I can do so. Also, if some of the stages (and their information to find subsequent stages) are missing, how does one complete this multi?
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Sorry ORR, I am just now seeing your post. Unfortunately no. Most of the standards were taken down this past Friday and the cache page has now been archived. All that remains are the standards that are located on the campus of the Donald W. Reynolds Library as they wanted to keep them as a commemoration of the project. If you would still like to see the scope of this multi, I would be more than happy to provide the info and any assistance that I am able to provide. I had hoped it might stay up a little longer but I only helped on the cache side of things and not on the physical maintenance of the locations.

Thanks for the info, Buckshot/MamaLlama. That's too bad. But as the saying goes, "if you snooze, you lose."
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen