Thread: A new adventure

nonnipoppy Guest

A new adventure

You might get a simile at thislog.

demonicangel Guest
    ROFL!!!!
    I thought we were the only ones who managed to get ourselves into a mess such as that! It does the old heart good to know that you professional cachers can do that just as well. I can't wait for Angel to get up so he can read this one too.

Phantom_491 Guest
    Having met Poppy, I am willing to bet this isn't the 'Only' situation he's gotten himself into (or out of) while caching. But then again, I'm sure all of us who have been doing this for any ammount of time probably has stories that are similar.

It's also a stitch to think of Poppy on the phone to the various agencies:

Them: "Yes sir, I understand there's a problem, we'll get on it as soon as possible."

Him: "Wow, I really appreciate that!"

Them: "One more question, sir . . ."

Him: "Anything, name it."

Them: "Yes, we need to know the color of your vehicle so we'll be sure and find the right car."

Him: "UH . . . black and white zebra stripes."

Them: "Excuse me?"

Him: "Yes, black and white stripes, kinda crooked like a zebra."

Them: " "

Him: "Hello?"

nonnipoppy Guest
    BTW the vehicle in question is pictured
    <----------------------here.

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    Now that, maybe just because I wasn't there, was fuuuuuuunny.

You and TK98 should be adventure writers.

Also I guess the amount of stuff you buy may be directly related to how much time it took you to get out.
    Stuck, alone in my 4X4 in NW Arkansas, I cut twigs (no rocks here either) and even an 8” thick tree for a pry pole with a pocket knife for over 10hrs, so NOW I carry 2 log chains, 4 heavy-duty hooks, 4 come-alongs, short pieces of 2x8s, 2x10s and 4x4s, water and candy, plus road service and a cell phone. Most of the time all this stuff isn’t needed but it makes it seem more like a picnic then a disaster and keeps my stories off this here adventure page. Well I do have one Geo adventure story but there doesn't seem to be one funny part in it, no matter how I write it.

SteveBrown Guest
    Mary and I had a very bad night out caching one night back in January. See our post for January 19 on the Bump and Grind cache.

twooldcrows Guest
    We will never forget this one. Challenge and Adventure.