Thread: June Meet and Greet scheduled

June Meet and Greet scheduled

I just submitted the listing for the June Meetup, but here are the deets:

Our monthly C.A.G.E. Meetup will be at Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken, Located at 400 North Bowman Road, Suite 9 (the former location of Buffalo Grill) Thursday, June 23rd from 6:00-8:00 P.M.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

I got it posted in our calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloak.n.Dagger View Post
    I got it posted in our calendar
    Thanks! But something came up, and I need some feedback. This was also posted as a note on the event listing and on the C.A.G.E FB page:

After booking the June Meetup (GC6KEKQ) , I got a call from the GM at Gus'

Unlike the last event that I held here, they apparently now have a policy that they have to have $350 in sales to reserve the patio, and since RSVPs are a bit light right now, I may be forced to seek out a new location, or cancel the event.

Personally, I understand their policy, and if we draw the usual crowd that we do, making that sales quota will be easy for us. Having said that, I am unaware of any of the venues that we use attaching any strings, and am of the opinion that I'd prefer to give our business to a place that is a bit more laid-back.

I'm going to post this same note on ARK-Geo and FB, and welcome feedback. I'll make a decision by the end of this week, and try to keep as many people happy as I can.

Well, there is always the Dennys on Shackleford across from the I-430/I-630 intersection. We have had events there before and it was a nice place for them that everyone can find. Easy to get an area in there to meet on short notice, and they have good menu selections at reasonable prices.

The June meetup event (GC6KEKQ) has been relocated to Whole Hog Cafe, located at 12111 W Markham St #364, Little Rock, AR 72211. Same date and time

I've requested that the coordinates be updated, but until then, the new coordinates are 45.146 24.501.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

I have fixed that to reflect on the calendar as well