Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 2nd Annual NWA Meet and Greet

2016 2nd Annual NWA Meet and Greet

Cachers of all levels (and their muggle friends) are invited to meet our local geocaching experts at this informal meet and greet. If you think you would like to attend, please RSVP to the geocache by logging "Will Attend". (GC6HC1W)

YOU ARE INVITED

The 2nd annual NWA Geocaching Meet and Greet!

When: June 18th @ 10 AM - 4PM
    Where: Bella Vista Lake, 4901 Veterans Way Bentonville, AR 72712

It has been an AMAZING year of geocaching for NWA, and to help Celebrate we are going to hold an amazing bash of fun and activities.

Scheduled Events:

10:AM Flag Retirement Ceremony

One of our very own RetSquid is the Commander Elect of the Bentonville American Legion Post. He is asking that if you have Flags needing retirement to contact him to arrange local pick up. The Legion will retire them at the Bella Vista Wall of Honor at 10am.

11AM Ice breaker games, Contests and Meet N Greet

Come have some fun with some of the best cachers in the Region, We will have Board Members from the Arkansas Geocachers Association up from Little Rock to share with you some great information about the organization and future plans. There will also be local geocachers to show you some fun activities to do with your GPS or smart device while you Geocache. You don't want to miss this event some of the areas top Cache Owners will be available to help answer questions to those difficult to find puzzle caches. (Rumor has it a certain CO will also help out with the ALL the current Intimidator caches).

Contests!

Makers: Build a Gadget Cache and bring it to show at the event. The best gadget cache voted by attendance will win a prize

Bakers: Got that one awesome desert that disappears in seconds? Bring your award winning desert and you just may win a prize!

Picture takers: Gone to an earth-cache that was breathtaking, did you spy some amazing wildlife, or perhaps you caught a funny moment? If so print out the photo, and put it in a frame. The best photo of the day will take home a prize!

Games: Geo-bingo, Geo-golf, Speedy-Logger, Mystery Ammo Can, much much more!

Cookout: We will be having a hotdog roast with all the fixins!

Volunteers: Due the overwhelming response of people that attended last year (75 people showed up) We need your help! We ask that anyone that is willing to help to please let Cloak.n.Dagger know. We are in need of Prize Donations, Food and Drink Donations and time. I also would like to remind you to make sure to bring a few lawn chairs(as seating is first come first serve).

Pets: All pets are welcome as long as they come with a responsible owner, pets per park regulations must be leashed at all times.

Prizes: As always there will be something trackable, something hide-able and something for all kids 10 and under.

About the Venue: Bella Vista Lake Park is a 132 acre community park located off of Hwy 71 B North, just north of Benton County 40. It is home to the popular 1.8 mile perimeter fitness trail as well as a covered pavilion, three picnic tables, a play structure and a disc golf course. Just north of the park is the Veterans Wall of Honor. Fishing and kayaking are permitted on the lake as well.

A Monetary Donation box will be placed to help fund future events. Please consider donating to keep Events such as this going. Thank you!!
    We can't wait to see you!!
    (permission granted by Bentonville Parks and Recreation)

Wow, this sounds amazing. Sure wish we didn't already have plans. Have a great time and we hope to attend next time.

You have some fun ideas. Please consider joining the ArkGeo Event Committee. We could use your expertise.

Thanks, Racquetball girl

I just found out how to join, and I submitted the request

Thank you and welcome to the event committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeworker View Post
    Thank you and welcome to the event committee.
    I am not part of the event committee yet, my request has yet to be approved. I look forward to helping out soon. I good example of what I do for meet and greet events will be displayed in best form if you can make it to my June 18th event. GC6HC1W

Cloak & Dagger, Yes, you are officially a member of the Event Committee, but Jason hasn't had a chance to update the lists that will also allow you to have access to the Event Committee Forum. I spoke with Jason during an event last Saturday to remind him of the needed changes and he has this task on his "To Do" list. Like all of us on the board he is a volunteer with family and work responsibilities so he will get to this task when time permits.

I wish we could attend your event on June 18th, since it sounds well organized and filled with fun geocaching activities. Like we told you Saturday we have a family commitment that day and won't be able to attend. Maybe next year. Thanks for promoting geocaching and ArkGeo in NWA. We look forward to doing more caching in that area of the state.

Racquetball Girl

Saweet, I wish you could attend the event as well, it's been my biggest production yet, and still lots of work to do before hand. Ugh so busy with it my head is spinning. But if I am not going 100mph with my head on fire I would be freaking out.

I was wondering being an event committee person, does ArkGeo have banner Made for events? I know Office Max make amazing banners do we have a template in which I can make one to help add to the promotion aspect of things or can I borrow one for the events I do up here?

Yes, ArkGeo does have a banner, that is even trackable. I'm not sure who currently is storing it. Flyfishingcachers or Mathseeker, do one of you know who has the banner? We had it displayed at our Annual Event held in April and it usually travels to GeoWoodstock each year.

Flyfishingcachers have the banner.
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

I have the banner. Let me see if someone will be going to Woodstock after the event so we can have it at both.