Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our state star

Our state star

I want to give a public thank you to Mathseeker for placing the Arkansas state star. To find actual spots for 51 caches that have access to parking or pull offs, easy, and staying within the required distance of the fake coords took some work. Tack on coming up with 51 questions all about our state followed up by researching 3 possible but wrong answers too boot! Your hard work is to be commended. Thank you for providing art in our state, making them doable for all, and providing me with an education at the same time. When you do the puzzles and get the smiley, give Mathseeker a public thank you and comment on here why it's special for you!

The Arkansas state star looks good on the map and I understand several other states has one to share. I would also like to thank Mathseeker for her hard work in coming up with all of the hiding places, hints, cords, and gas money. A big project like this just doesn't happen overnight. I'm sure Woodwalker also assisted in helping make this a great success. Again, thank you to Judy and Pat, you are greatly appreciated!!

We've always heard about the stars in other states, but have never worked on one. So glad we now have one in Arkansas that we could complete! A big thank you to Judy for all of her time and hard work. We really enjoyed all of the trivia questions and checking to see if our guesses were correct!

Awesome job Judy. We know you spent countless hours developing the star and we appreciate all your work. Many other states have stars so it's fun for Arkansas to join in. We hope to get over and hunt the series soon. THANK YOU!

Fantastic job on the star Judy!!! You did good on this project!! We had fun answering all the questions and also had fun going to get all the caches. Maybe I will make it to another state someday & does there's.

Thank you all for your kind words. The 50 State Star project was something I wanted to do for Arkansas after finding the West Virginia state star last summer. Woodwalker and I worked on it over spring break and I got all of the pages submitted and approved for our opening day, the event day.

Thanks to those who have completed the Arkansas Star. If you really like it, consider giving a favorite point to the Arkansas Center cache.

GC codes?

#1 is GC6FHRN

Adam, send me your e-mail address and I'll send you the GC Code list for all the caches in the star.

EuGene

thanks for the email. I have posted the GCcodes in my local groups so they can go and find these. I am sure many of them did not know about it. I have also been trying to spread the word around up here as well in trying to get people to join ArkGeo. Hopefully we can get some new members up this way.