Thread: June Meet and Greet

June Meet and Greet

I'm in charge of the June event, and have an interesting idea. A friend of mine owns a store in Sherwood that carries RPGs and hosts a lot of games. He was interested in hosting a geocaching event sometime, and I figured I'd mention the possibility here and see what the response is. Maybe also do a puzzle cache tie-in.

I know that we typically hold these events in restaurants, but I'm trying to think outside the box here. I may be able to line up a food truck, or we could do it as a potluck.

Any and all feedback would be appreciated!

Sounds cool and I'm sure you could get a few folks to go. Just make sure you list it as Free and no purchase necessary kind of stuff when it is held at a business.

Indeed. I also posted this question on FB and got some Likes. Alternately, it could be like one of the puzzle cache events. I think that this would be a great event for kids.

Always like something new and think this is a good idea. If you need any help, please let me know.

Last September when I was in Louisville for 9 days, I found out about a Meet & Greet in a game store in Lexington about 75 miles away. It sounded like it would be real interesting, so I drove down there. It was great! They had nice discussions about the game playing hobby and a lot of instructions and explanations of different games for those of us who never got into gaming.

Of course they did a lot of talking about geocaching, too, which they described as one big game without the video aspect.

They had snacks and a large party tray of finger foods, sods, water, iced tea, and coffee.

I found it a real enjoyable evening and well worth the drive.

Smiff

When did you plan to hold the event?

I kind of ran out of time on this one, and scheduled a standard meetup for the 23rd at Gus' Fried Chicken.

Let me see if I can wrap my head around this idea a bit more, and come up with something for the fall. Sounds like a good event, but I definitely want to recruit some of our best puzzle hiders to co-plan this one.

OK, cnwilks, I give up . . . what is a RPG (other than a Rocket Propelled Grenade)??

Smiff