Thread: April 2016 Geocacher Profile

April 2016 Geocacher Profile

The Membership Relations Committee is happy to showcase some ArkGeo Geocachers through the "Geocacher Profile". The committee thought Perry Small aka w00dduck should be the next cacher to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name? w00dduck

How did you choose your handle? Being a once avid duck hunter the wood duck drake to me was the prettiest and had the best table fare of all the ducks. Before geocaching I was an avid motorcycle rider. I hooked up with a group and needed a name and I chose w00dduck. When it came to Geocaching I just kept the handle.

How long have you been geocaching? I found my first cache on 8/21/2012

How did you find your first Geocache, and which one was it?
    I actually used the free App that was downloaded to my I phone. It was "Out behind the Shop" GC178FG by BSA534. Now archived

Who usually goes with you when you go caching? I usually go solo due to my caching style. I have cached with Old River Runner and Summitlady as they seem to tolerate me and my style.

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up? I'm not a puzzle solver but once I find one that stirs my interest I never give up...I will eventually get it solved even if it means requesting nudges

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in?
    Those areas where nobody else goes.

Do you do paperless caching?
    Yes

What kind of geocaching rig do you use?Magellan GC and Garmin 660 NUVI for vehicle

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching?
    As for my caching style it gets you to places that are not on many maps or brochures. Other wise its get you out of the house and off the couch.

Where are you originally from?
    Arkansas

In what states have you geocached?
    Tx, Ark. Mo, Tenn. Cal, Ok, Lu.

What was your first event ever attended? A CITO event in Clarksville Ar. hosted by ORR

How many caches have you found? 2464 logged, several pending

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest?
    Ammo Cans, and Nanos. I do also enjoy those containers made by CO's also.

What was the most famous cache that you have found?
    Gorilla Cache

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries?
    Disposables

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby? Finding

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide?
    One that others enjoy.

What is your favorite type of cache hide? Small

Out of all your hides, what are your personal favorites that you take pride in?
    Grandmas pear tree. I have fond memories as a child at hide location.

What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh?
    Not sure

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby?
    I actually found out about caching in 2008 while searching for a GPS for my motorcycle for touring.. Talked with a friend who also rode touring about geocaching but he said never got interested in it. 4 years later after the touring days I looked it up again for hobby and been hooked ever since. Sad thing is that if I would have picked it up in 2008 I would have a BIG chunk of the states shaded.

What's your favorite geocache? Like them all!!!!!

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching? Scotland.

Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group?
    Both

How many First to Finds do you have?

Are you a First to Find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications?
    Not really a FTF hound. I do have several notifications set to 300miles for the High DT caches published. But not for FTFs

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching? Hiking, camping, kayaking, motorcycle riding anything outdoors.

Last edited by MathSeeker; 04-01-2016 at 09:04 PM.
    One cache at a time!