Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New Jeeps

LadyEngineer Guest
    And I agree with you, Pignewton, that that Jeeps need to get moving, but nobody know why some people haven't put the ones they have received out.

Let me explain why I haven't.

I received 5 jeeps on Thursday June 16 (for the record I didn't get asked to placed these jeeps until June 9 and my schedule for June 10 through June 24 had been set for 5 months). I did not get to go caching June 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 because of the following reasons. I have been at work at 6:00 am til 3:00 on the 17 then up at my church at 4:00 p.m until 8:00 p.m. working on our VBS. On Saturday my family and I were at the church from 8:00 am until 2:00pm decorating and then spent the rest of the afternoon with my husband for Father's Day. On Sunday the 19, we made it to church at 8:00 am and left at 8:30 p.m. We had regular church then stayed to finish decorating before our potluck to kick off VBS. Each of the last 5 days I'm been at chruch at 7:30 am and have left somewhere after 1:00 pm, but only to come home to sit at my computer to register kids, work on the website so parents could see picture of their children. I've gotton into bed at about 11:30 or 12:00 every night. I got home today at 4:00 p.m. because every decoration that was put up had to come down and it took two days to put them suckers up.

I have in my exhausted state been thinking about these white jeeps and how I am going to get them out. I have an ammo box all ready and a brain teaser that you have to solve to get the coordinates but I have to have the time to actually get in the woods to place it, which because I had other obligations at the time I was asked to do this I haven't had the time.

If anyone feel that I have been unjust in my handling of the jeeps, then by all means please call me and I will get with you so you can come pick one of them up so you can enter the contest.

I'm not writting this to be rude or mean or start an war here. I'm just letting people know that I (me, LadyEngineer) have had prior committments that I had to handle first.

walkingshadow Guest
    LE you must be exhausted. I am exhausted just thinking about your busy schedual. Get some rest. I look foward to your cache. Just remember some of ain't as smart as you. My attitude that the jeeps are fun and not anything to get into a frenzy about.

Happy hunting and have fun.

Walkingshadow and the spoiled rotten dog (red)

BACKPACKNJACK Guest

GO GETUM, Hurry Hurry Hurry

I have never made the claim of being the smartest turtle in the pond, and maybe for good reasons. I just went on a 312mile round trip to place ONE of these (about half size ) jeeps in the Lake Chicot State Park cache called, St. Mary’s “Loot” in SE AR.
    It is an ammo can cache that was placed by a first grade class ( how could I pass that up) and I wanted the bug to be out there for those who only get to cache on week *ends* and not able to hunt during the week like I get to plus, time is slipping away and the chance to enter the first “Monthly” is ending soon.
    I have done my part, 2 days and 537 miles just to place Jeeps (3) in any cache that is big enough to hold them (see my post for "Welcome to McGehee") except for more of my own. None of them have been picked up yet so it is up to you if you get to log one this month.
    I hope you win some great prizes with them so Good Luck to ya. Me? I’m just going to stay home under the A/C and eat ice-cream for awhile.
    Talking about having no life (in ref to a tease at LadyE) , I’ve gotta be the king of that.

Pignewton Guest
    Thanks for placing them out BACKPACKNJACK! I may be in for a road trip soon to try to grab one. I was beginning to think my only opportunity would be to hike/climb Sugarloaf Mountain in Oklahoma to get the one that Stickerdude placed there. And I may still do it! hehe!

I have a few WJTB's in my watch lists that should/might be placed around my area if my understanding is correct about the intent of shipping them to cachers in different areas of the state. The WJTB's around here all (or most) seem to be collecting dust in someones junk drawer because they haven't seen the deep dark loneliness of a cache. I'm not pointing fingers....yet!

I agree with the Walkingshadow that the WJTB's are supposed to be fun but I believe they'll just be "fun" after the contest is over in 4 more months. But for now, Game on!

I love participating in online scavenger hunts and this is not really much different except that you do have to leave the desk to find the item. I've already entered the contest this month but there are many others who have not been able too because of the lack of availablity of WJTB's in circulation. It's not all the fault of the cachers who received them because they don't seem to have received the WJTB's until the 15th or 16th of June. However, I do believe those that received the WJTB's did volunteer to place them for Jeep and you can correct me if I'm wrong. I did see some earlier posts saying that they received emails asking them if they would place them. And there was a post from Maxcacher for volunteers.

Thanks to all of you that have placed the WJTB's of which you were entrusted.

(edited) there were some spacing errors

Pignewton Guest

Rules!

Just a quick note to paste from the rules:

You must visit a White Jeep Travel Bug listing page on Geocaching.com by following the instructions in (a) or (b) below:

(a) Locate a White Jeep Travel Bug in a geocache and enter the Travel Bug unique tracking number in the field provided at http://jeep.geocaching.com . Once you click the submit button, you will be directed to the Travel Bug listing page for that White Jeep Travel Bug.
    (b) Visit a geocaching.com cache listing page for a cache which indicates that a White Jeep Travel Bug is reported to be at the cache location. Click on the White Jeep Travel Bug link on the cache listing page to visit the Travel Bug listing page for that White Jeep Travel Bug.
    Hmm...I guess if you didn't find the WJTB in a cache then you are ineligible for the photo contest which is as it should be.

edit: Put paste from jeep.geocaching.com rules in quotes and bolded the important part.

Yes I still have 4 of the WJTB's I got but I have been in Dallas since I got them and I think everyone would get mad if I left them there. I will start placeing them this week.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Sometimes you have to go the distance other times not

I went over an hour away from my house this past weekend to get my first WJTB. A real big chance since it could have been gone by the time I got there. I just missed taking possession of one a few days earlier ( I defer to fellow cachers with kids in tow - the game [to me] is about them and the fun of discovery they have). I got it and took it on an adventure the next day to see the point of origin of the Louisiana Purchase. The next day another WJTB appeared in a cache a few miles from my house. So, I dashed over and did a quick swap. Now, I have one for July 4th and the next leg of the contest. I will NOT have the bug in my possession after the fourth. It will be dropped. But, the one I did drop is still in that cache as well as one in another cache that has been there for over 48 hrs. These two are very accessible to LR area cachers. Sometimes you have to "go the distance" to get one. I expected any WJTB to only last a day in any given location at the beginning of the contest. Happy hunting.

MaxCacher Guest
    Hello All

I think everyone is doing a great job with placements of the WJTB’s in AR and my thanks go out to you. It a great looking spread so far, but the ones I sent are just for AR, at least the first placement into a cache, not any other state.

I also sent a few to Texas to be placed in South West AR, and Memphis to be placed into West AR, and a few in MS to be place in South East AR, trying to make sure no spot was missed, so everyone would have a shot of finding one.

Max Cacher
    MaxCacher@aol.com

Okay, folks, "my" 5 are all out now! One in Little Rock, which was touched by 2 folks who put it back where I had left it, then picked up by EE. One went to Searcy to one of Mark's special caches. That one lasted about 5 minutes, was picked up by rklmbl, who placed it in a brand new cache in Clarksville. One went to a brand new cache in NLR placed by WalkingShadow with "technical support" by me - hence she put my handle on it also. That one did last a couple days, touched by Spanky then picked up by ARSkittles. One went in Muggles Box in Jacksonville, one of my favorite caches. It was picked up and taken on a trip within a few days. The last one I just placed today - I ain't saying where just yet, but it is a GrandKid cache I had not found before and I did trade TBs in it. I also picked up a White Jeep "in the wild" this past weekend in Clarksville, but haven't dropped it yet.

It looks to me that folks are being good (so far) to pick them up, share, then drop them pretty quickly. I think that is cool. We are going on a trip this weekend out of state, and I guarantee if I happen to find any more in the wild, they will come back to Arkansas with us!

Thanks, Max, for allowing me this fun. I have really enjoyed it! Little Rock/North Little Rock/ Jacksonville are awfully big so next time if you wanna send me a hundred or so, that would be fine! LOL I have placed 4 of the 5 in caches that I hadn't found previously, the 5th in one that doesn't get a whole lot of traffic.

Thanks, ya'll!

topkitty98 & markrocksinheavennowwhoprobablyhasROTFLinheaven
    watchingsomeoftheadventuresI'vehadplacingthesethin gs

>^..^<

I know where 8 WJTBs are hidden

I retrieved 2 WJTBs from TX caches while down there for the 4th. (yea!) I also dropped 3 off in caches in SW Arkansas. 2 of those were retrieved by someone and taken to San Antonio, TX (fair play - I just wish they would log their visit to my caches) and now live "virtually" with 6 other WJTBs in the SAGA event cache used for their monthly meetings; meaning that no one outside of SAGA has a snowballs chance of ever retreiving them again and using them in the contest. Legal? Ethical? In violation of the contest rules? I thought the point was to do an "accelerated" TB contest and 1, fullfill a monthly goal and 2, get them back out for others to try.