Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jeeps

MaxCacher Guest
    Those were general areas where there were big holes with no WJTB were going , I understand that there are not many caches in those areas, but last year we heard from a lot of folks that felt left out because they had to drive a hundred miles to find one, just trying to do a better job.

Still looking for someone near :

Jonesboro
    Camden

Thanks again Max

got my WJTB's today
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    I did a 100 mile search around Little Rock, the most populated and cache dense area of the state, and of the 688 caches returned out of the 1,044 caches listed for the state of Arkansas there was only 2 YJTB listed (they are actually MIA) and one WJTB.?????

I was curious as to how those who recieved them handled them to activate them, I didn't find anything about activation at GC or Jeep.

I guess I will just grab & drop them to activate the ones I got this PM, even though that may show that I found them, but it will start them on their way (probably just to "Hoardsville" right?). I would start dropping them off now but by the time they got here I had started a big pot of Pinto Beans and some things have strong priorities over others.

Monday Morning Addendum: Sunday I did a 100 mile search around Clarksville and of the 1,095 active caches returned from Arkansas, Missouri and Oklahoma, only one WJTB turned up.
    It was placed by Arkansas_Stickerdude in a cache in Oklahoma. I read his OLL (online log) and I bet you “dimes against donuts” I will never log This WJTB/YJTB unless someone wants to “go halves” on a chopper.
    I saw the pictures of the terrain and read the times posted so I’ll also make you the same bet that this old man will never volunteer to be either of you guy’s hiking partner either.

nonnipoppy Guest
    OK River Valley cachers poppy is in posession of 10 WJTBs. I think it would be best if they were placed around the area to allow everyone a chance to grab one. This is only my opinion.

If you are a River Valley cacher and would like a WJTB contact me at poppy@arkgeocaching.org. First come first served. When they are gone they are gone.....poppy

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    Well I don’t know if this applies to any of the members or lurkers here but just encase someone doesn’t know it, here goes.

If a WJTB is placed in a cache and logged as being there but is stolen , muggled, hijacked , hoarded, or any other way you would prefer to say it……..goes MIA without anyone claiming to have grabbed it, you can still log it and still use it to enter the contest by logging the cache-find and following the instructions for logging a missing WJTB at the Jeep site. Of course it must by placed in a cache first.
    You can only use the Bug one time and only enter the Bug Challenge once a month by accomplishing one of the task set forward for that month. After you take a picture with that Bug there is no reason to keep it unless you are just a jerk and just don’t want to play fair.
    I have logged a Bug, placed it in the Dollarway Road cache, logged that it is there and if you go find that cache and it is not….so what, you still get credit for the cache and the missing Bug because if it is stolen (taken but not logged by anyone) I will not remove it from the cache page so nothing was accomplished by the thief except taking a toy car that you can buy anywhere and they can‘t use it unless they log that they posses it. Duh!!
    (this is just a look at the whole picture and the actual rules are very long)

If there is ANY thing wrong with what I’ve just said, just show me where and I will not only be happy to change it but will be happy to give you the credit for busting me on it (the rules are long).

These were intrusted to us by Jeep, to be placed in caches in our respective areas.

I assure you I will place the *5* I was intrusted with, and not according to the request of the emails I've recieved. I give trinkets away I don't steal them from caches nor companies. I like this game and if it is soiled it will never be by my hand. BPnJ

BACKPACKNJACK Guest

It is about trust

The above, was a truncated response to the very long Jeep TB rules that some may not have had time to read.

The below, is a truncated version of this shortened version for those who’s eyes crossed before they could get to the end of my above missive:

FACT --The Jeep TBs were not given as awards, but were given in trust.

OPINION -- If you keep even one of these you are showing a disservice to a huge company that in good faith, believes in and is helping to support and promote a game that is mostly about having faith in and caring about your fellow man and the environment.

FACT -- If your opinion differs from mine, I will respectfully read and carefully consider every word of it.

LadyEngineer Guest
    Just for the record, I have received my 5 White Jeeps. I have not placed one of them yet. I'm the director of my churches VBS and have been home with my girls a total of about 6 hours per week for the last 5 weeks.

I am planning a special new cache in honor of them and will put them all out before July 15.

Pignewton Guest
    Howdy all! Could someone post the rules that were received with the jeeps that were shipped out? I'm new to geocaching and having a blast but the jeeps that have not been placed after being received is really bothering me . This is a contest in which there are 3 winners a month that qualify for a 1 in 15 chance at a Jeep Commander and June is almost over. I have seen one jeep released near me and I found it photographed it and passed it on to a fellow cacher. I know I probably should have placed it back in a cache but I did find it as opposed to having it shipped to me by FedEx. I was passing the one that I found so that the fellas I cached with could get the icon. I hope to see more release soon! And thanks to all the folks who put out the great caches!

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pignewton
    Could someone post the rules that were received with the jeeps that were shipped out?
    There were no rules or instructions in the shipment I recieved, just 5 Jeeps and packing paper (I don't know what the rest recieved). I went to the Jeep site listed at GC to read the rules.
    MaxCacher had them sent to me to be placed in South East Arkansas. Maybe because I have the most caches in this area?
    Large area with few caches so I drove over 225miles yesterday to place two more and the last two will be a drive of over 300miles unless I just drop them in more of my caches.
    I'm new to geocaching
    You don't sound new.
    I found it photographed it and passed it on to a fellow cacher. I know I probably should have placed it back in a cache but I did find it as opposed to having it shipped to me by FedEx. I was passing the one that I found so that the fellas I cached with could get the icon.
    I too was asked to just pass them on to certain people but I placed them in caches instead, as was the wish of the owners.

PS. I guess, since you are new, that I should also add, my views are ment to represent only me. I in no way represent anyone but me.

Welcome to the board!

Pignewton Guest
    backpacknjack says:
    You don't sound new.
    Yep! I guess it depends on your definition of new. I found my first cache on 4/9/05. I still feel pretty new because of the easy caches that I sometimes just can't find.

backpacknjack wrote:
    I too was asked to just pass them on to certain people but I placed them in caches instead, as was the wish of the owners.
    Yes and you have done a fine job! By looking at your placements on mapping software you are spreading them out nicely in your area like you are supposed to with the WJTB's that were shipped to you.
    I however captured mine in the wild. I do believe there is a distinction between the two even though it is a slight one...
    I will make sure that mine is placed as soon as I get off night shift next week and can find a suitable multi or >3 star cache where I can drop it or I'll get one of my caching buddies to place it.
    But there are folks that have suitable caches already placed and I don't see any reason for them to not drop their WJTB's into those. They shouldn't be hard for them to find because they placed them.

I'm not trying to make anyone defensive or angry. I'm just trying to get the jeeps moving!