Thread: January 2016 Geocacher Profile

January 2016 Geocacher Profile

The Membership Relations Committee is happy to showcase some ArkGeo Geocachers through the "Geocacher Profile". The committee thought Angela Munden & family aka ABJCM should be the next cachers to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name?

-ABJCM

How did you choose your handle?
    -It is the first initial of our family members plus our last name. Angela, Brian, Jesse, Carolyn M (which sounds cool until you have to introduce yourself at Meet/Eats.)

How long have you been geocaching?
    -1 year + 1 month (haha n00bs)

How did you find your first Geocache, and which one was it?
    -We used the free app and I chose GC18K9H because it was the nearest one. I came home and signed up for a Premium Membership that afternoon. (Hooked from the beginning.)

Who usually goes with you when you go caching?
    -99.5% of the time Sister and I go alone. Once in a while I'll leave her home with Daddy (GC44JJ2-Pump Station)

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up?
    -I have a very addictive personality. Once I start in on one it will consume me till I solve it. I had to ground myself from them during the Holiday Season.

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in?
    -We cache close to home (Usually during Naptime) but I really enjoyed caching in Paris. I can't wait till summer so we can head out to the State Parks.)

Do you do paperless caching?
    -Completely.

What kind of geocaching rig do you use?
    -For no-brainer skirt lifters or stopsigns I use my Samsung Note. For everything else I have a Garmin Etrex Venture HC. Love it!!

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching?
    -Oh my! I am a Geocaching Missionary. I'm always chatting some poor unsuspecting muggle on the joys of caching. For me, the main joy is the fact that caching taps into my Hunter/Gatherer instincts. My life as a Stay at Home Mom is....um....unchallenging mentally. Caching gives me a way to exercise the gray matter. Plus there's something for everyone. FTF hounds, Swagpies, Outdoor Otters, City Critters, Skirt Lifting Sparrows, Puzzle Puggles. (LOL you get my point...I won't subject you to more animal names.)

Where are you originally from?
    -Lincoln, Nebraska (Military, so also Colorado, Germany, Nevada, and Italy)

In what states have you geocached?

-Just Arkansas so far. It's hard to make it to the border and home before the School bus comes.

What was your first event ever attended?
    -I started caching 04Nov14. My first event was GC5F8ZM A Flash Mob- The State House Convention 06Nov14. Then the Cage Mtng on the 20Nov14.

How many caches have you found?
    - 675 as of today. Day 365 of 365 Streak.

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest?
    -Well, I'm a Swagpie (Like a Magpie) so a well stocked ammocan.

What was the most famous cache that you have found?

-*Blush* I haven't ventured very far. I want to take sister up to the Gorilla Cache during Spring Break.

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries?
    -Rechargeable.

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby?

-Finding. I get too nervous about my hides. "Will the muggles get it?", "What if it's too easy and nobody likes it."

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide?
    -I love a cache with a story behind it. Either a milestone or a cute story.

What is your favorite type of cache hide?
    -History and Cemetery caches are tied for first place.

Out of all your hides, what are your personal favorites that you take pride in?
    -I love Sister's 100by1 cache. GC5K8GZ I can't wait till she's old enough to take an interest in it.

What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh?

-As many as you can maintain. I don't mind replacing a log, but if it needs serious work.....*crickets chirping*

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby?
    -When we were stationed at Nellis AFB (Las Vegas, NV) I saw a program about this cool hobby where people carry a stamp and hunt up these boxes. Then you'd swap stamps images with the log book. HAHA sounds like Letterboxing. eh? Well, the program said you could only find them if someone told you about a location. I didn't know anyone who did it...so I filed it away for later.

October 2014 I was knitting with Avenging Unicorns and that story came up. "Oh, you mean Geocaching. We do that."

*Jawdrop*

YES!! I then peppered her for hours about it....went home and signed up. Found my first cache the next day.

What's your favorite geocache?
    -Ooooh, Hard one. I love all of KnKinCabot's I.C. series. My favorite has to be GC485ZG I.C. - Shortwave. I found it on my birthday with my sister. Whenever family visits and wants to go find one...I take them out there and we get it. I've found it three times. *giggle*

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching?
    -Without a doubt New Zealand. Hobbits, Woolly Sheep, and Caching!! http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-9963283.html

Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group?

-a group, totally. Which sounds crazy coming from a shy introvert.

How many First to Finds do you have?

-zero. They don't rev my engine like cool swag. By the time I get Sister and myself dressed and out the door....one of my pals has already gotten it. *shrug*

Are you a First to Find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications?
    -Oh gosh no.

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching?
    -I have NEVER met a hobby I wouldn't dabble in. I Knit, Crochet, Spin, Felt, Soapmake, Canning food, Read, Beading, Weaving, Garden, General Craftiness, and Troll on Pinterest for more mischief. I'm sure I'm missing a few, but you get the idea. My Father in Law says I was born in the wrong century. Growing up I was obsessed with Little House on the Prarie books by Laura Ingles Wilder. Plus, being from Nebraska...WIlla Cather was on my Grandmother's required reading list (O Pioneers, and My Antonia)

Veni, Vidi, Nodavi!
    (I came, I saw, I knit!)
    One cache at a time!

Enjoyed reading your answers Angela. You crack me up!

Congratulations on 365 and I loved your answers too.

These are always good reads. Thanks for adding to the fun!