Thread: Extra-extra cheap GPS?

Extra-extra cheap GPS?

My wife was hitting the yard sales this morning and called me on the cell phone. She found a Magellan SportTrack Pro and the price was marked $2.00 !!! She couldn't figure out how to get the battery compartment open to see if it had batteries or not, and didn't know how to turn it on to even see if it would get power. Now, here's the kicker...she got the owner to come down to $1.50 !!!

I'm anxious to see if it works, but if not, would this be worth sending off for a refurb?
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

RuffRidr Guest

Re: Extra-extra cheap GPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddiel
    My wife was hitting the yard sales this morning and called me on the cell phone. She found a Magellan SportTrack Pro and the price was marked $2.00 !!! She couldn't figure out how to get the battery compartment open to see if it had batteries or not, and didn't know how to turn it on to even see if it would get power. Now, here's the kicker...she got the owner to come down to $1.50 !!!

I'm anxious to see if it works, but if not, would this be worth sending off for a refurb?
    That is amazing! Hope it works for ya. If it doesn't, maybe you could take the insides out and make a cache out of it. Why doesn't my wife find anything like this at garage sales.

--RuffRidr

Cool!!! It looks and works (as far as I can tell) like a brand new unit! I was able to download a manual from Magellan's web site. Now, all I need is a data cable and some maps. This has gotta be the biggest bargain we ever got!
    View my profile

rock_hound Guest

CHEA-PS

I guess you are excluding the digital camera you won a few months back. Does this mean you are going to switch sides to Magellan?

Rusty_da_dog Guest

You know the bad thing about that is my wife and I are down in Conway today visiting the in-laws, and her and my mother in law are yardsaleing today. Man that is a SWEET deal. Congrats!!! I'd buy any GPS I could find for 2 bucks I could do something with it

cachecrazies Guest
    Hey - we'll give you $5.00 for it! Think of your profit!

What a lucky break! Color us green with envy!

I'll go $10 look we got an auction going.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty_da_dog
    You know the bad thing about that is my wife and I are down in Conway today visiting the in-laws, and her and my mother in law are yardsaleing today. Man that is a SWEET deal. Congrats!!! I'd buy any GPS I could find for 2 bucks I could do something with it
    LOL! You guys are crackin' me up!

Rusty, we talked with your wife today at one of those yard sales. She was telling me about the new cache idea you've been working on. Sounds interesting... No more GPS finds today, but don't think we're not looking for more (cuz we ARE!)
    View my profile