Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geocaching Lesson for Bentonville Junior High Students

I have a request for any geocacher who goes to this school, or any school, to teach a class on the Global Positioning System technology and geocaching.

Please, please, please emphasize that GEOCACHES SHOULD NEVER BE PLACED ON OR NEAR SCHOOL PROPERTY.

I don't know if these topics have recently become popular in public education curriculum and therefore have led to an increase in interest among the students and faculty, but I have been seeing a recent rise in applications for geocaches placed on the grounds of public schools across the state. And I have had to reject each one.
    "Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson

docfirewoman Guest
    When I teach the teachers I emphasize that point so they don't have to resubmit. Whether or not that sinks in I can't say

I am very new to this association, but extremely active in geocaching. I hold one event each month here in NWA and live in Bentonville, If I can be of any service to you. Please let me know. I would be happy to help in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWalla View Post
    I have a request for any geocacher who goes to this school, or any school, to teach a class on the Global Positioning System technology and geocaching.

Please, please, please emphasize that GEOCACHES SHOULD NEVER BE PLACED ON OR NEAR SCHOOL PROPERTY.

I don't know if these topics have recently become popular in public education curriculum and therefore have led to an increase in interest among the students and faculty, but I have been seeing a recent rise in applications for geocaches placed on the grounds of public schools across the state. And I have had to reject each one.

I have been recently approached by a local library to give a class on geocaching. Is there a packet that Groundspeak prefers to use for info in classes like these? If not I was just going to use the guidelines from groundspeak webpage.

I would love to help out in anyway possible. I have been talking with a few non ArkGeo members and are starting to get a ball rolling to teach 101 classes at the local libraries per the request of Libraries. I would love to be a part of this if you still need help.