The Membership Relations Committee is happy to showcase some ArkGeo Geocachers through the "Geocacher Profile". The committee thought David and Kim Solomon aka KSDS97 should be the next cachers to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name? KSDS97, started out as paladinds1961

How did you choose your handle? Originally I was paladinds1961 which was a carryover from other online gaming activities. In the summer of 2013 Kim, my wife asked if we could have one name and I said sure what should it be. I started thinking and trying out different ones on different cachers and felt simple would work well, but did not think the ron white idea would work for us. I had met a great couple from Cabot that had a really neat name, KnKinCabot, and kind of thought along those lines. However KnDinCabot might just be a little bit over the top. So I used KS, Kim Solomon, DS, David Solomon and 97 because we got married in 1997. So KSDS97 it is.

How long have you been geocaching? 3.5 years, Signed up in Sept 2011, Hunted first cache in December of 2011.

How did you find your first Geocache, and which one was it? In December of 2011 we found GC217V2 All Geocachers Raise Your Paws. This was a very easy Ammo Can hide to find. It was not the first cache I hunted, that was GC34GJ7 Edumacation: Magness Creek Elementary School and the closest to the house. My daughter had a sleepover and we loaded our first gpsr an etrex that required manual loading and the girls into the car and went hunting. Now at that time the only thing I knew about micros was that it was a film can. I punched in the numbers and off we went and went and went and went. Dang this thing can’t make its mind up where it wants me to go. We looked everywhere it wasn't. SO we called it a day and went home. A couple of days later we decided to try a much easier cache and went after All Geocachers Raise Your Paws. In fact I saw it as I drove up to it.

Who usually goes with you when you go caching? Festess, Razz007, Floaten, bUTCH46, Wife and Daughter when I can get them to.

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up? I never give up so forever.

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in? Way too many to name, but Jackson TN, Fort Smith AR, Murfreesboro, AR and Hot Springs do come to mind.

Do you do paperless caching? Yes

What kind of geocaching rig do you use? Android Phone with GCDROID App, Garmin Orgeon 600 GPSR

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching? Because it’s fun. It gets you outside and takes you to places you might never ever get to see otherwise.

Where are you originally from? Hartsville, SC

In what states have you geocached?AR, MO, TN, MS, AL, FL, LA. Yes TX is missing which is a story for another day.

What was your first event ever attended? GC3QZEB ArkGeo Celebrating Top Kitty

How many caches have you found? Around 4500

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest? All of them but I like the homemade one best. Or one where you have done something different with.

What was the most famous cache that you have found? Well what makes it famous, oldest or most favorite points? I have found Gorilla Stash, the oldest cache in Arkansas and most recently Bonita Lakes the oldest cache in Mississippi, July 18, 2015. Which hold the 1st and 3rd spots on the favorite point list. However my personnel favorite famous cache ranks number 2 in favorite points at 233. GC9CBB The Grotto in Memphis TN. If you have never found it, you should and I can say without a doubt if not for caching I would never have seen this.

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries? I have used both but most of the time I use rechargeable.

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby? Hard question, but hiding wins because it allows you to live the adventure over and over with each and every log posted.

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide? Sometimes, I have some that honor milestones and some just because someone needs a gimmie.

What is your favorite type of cache hide? The next one of course. However some of the most memorial ones are pesky micros but a good ammo can regular is greatly welcomed.

Out of all your hides, what are your personal favorites that you take pride in? The Gumball Rally Series. When I started caching there were great power trail and runs in a lot of places that people talked about all the time. I wanted Central Arkansas to be the place others wanted to come cache. So one day as Mark Willis and I were out caching we hatched Gumball Rally and started hiding them. On Jan 1 of 2013 Festess and I were off on a cache run and the first caches post and then BAM the found it logs started coming. Well a few months later Willis and I went caching in Van Buran County and we found a flyer in a cache about good places to cache and Gumball made the list. Then Fort Smith Area Caches came in and hunted them and people just kept coming.

What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh? Whatever you can keep up with.

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby? Festess told Kim and I about it and she thought it would be a fun thing to do as we were out camping. Then I met theFab5willisclan, Mark Willis and the two of us along with Festess did a 100 cache day The Great Arkansas River Road series Labor Day 2012. The Obsession and hook was sunk in deep.

What's your favorite geocache? Can’t decide there are too many. Different one for different reasons. Look at my favorite list and pick one.

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching? Not so much where but with who. I would free some of my caching friends and go do some awesome caches. It is always more fun when you share.

Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group? I like group caching because it gives more eyes and creates more fun stories to tell.

How many First to Finds do you have? 30 or 40 maybe.

Are you a First to Find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications? yes, Max 50 miles but I don't always go. I was gunning for it until I got the first one. It was as bad as getting my first first date.

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching? Coin collecting, golf, camping, hiking, and talking.