Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your best post or feed back on a cache?

bmwrider1 Guest

What is your best post or feed back on a cache?

Sometimes things just reach out and make you giggle or smile or just make you feel good. I think one thing that is so good about caching are some of the post we get from people that find our caches. So what are some of your best. Here is one of mine...

November 26 by CosmosCupid (437 found)
    This is the most incredible thing that has ever happened to me while geo-caching. I have wanted to place a cache here & I was out scoping a location when I saw this cache right where I was planning on placing one....small world. I did not see this one on-line as it looks like it was set up while I was on vacation in June & out of state. TN, LN...Thanks for the cache & nice hiding spot...great minds think alike.

Boy, doesn't that make you feel good? Poppy has a note on many of his cache pages that says that the finder's log is "the only payment the cache owner receives" I agree. It makes it all worthwhile when someone takes the time to write a nice note.

I love it when someone logs a cache and says something like, "This is a great location that we would never have seen if not for your cache." or "Our family loved finding your cache." or "Your caches were the highlight of our vacation!" (Not that anyone has ever said this about any of MY caches, mind you, but it's what I'd LIKE to hear, anyways... )
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Pretty much any log entry by Nonnipoppy or Golfnutz is fun to read. We generally don't go out and read the paper logs, so like Poppy says, the on line log is our only reward. Whenever we get an email from a cache find, we all crowd around the computer to read it at the same time. If we all end up with smiles on our faces we know it was worthwhile.

You can usually tell how good a cache is by the logs people write. I always try to write something specific to that find in my on line log to show my appreciation to the owner. Of course, the better the cache the more I'll write.

The best on line logs we receive are for The Evil One and Cousin Eddie.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...log=y&decrypt=http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...2-105463373823
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

sancho Guest
    I would like to nominate the night of March 12th 2004 and 2-6-04 garbage barge needed for Rabidcat. 1-26-04 and 2-11-04 with nyteyes as some of our fine examples of posting Anynight that involved Nabidcat or Nyteyes normally ranks up there as a high quality posting.

Top post are that I have seen is from Darkmoon from OKC he has the funniest stuff.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Golfnutz just hid some new caches. Old River Runner logged this on one of them that sums up our feelings exactly.

"Man, it felt GOOD to be geocaching in Clarksville again! It was like coming home for the holidays!"
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

RuffRidr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude
    Top post are that I have seen is from Darkmoon from OKC he has the funniest stuff.
    I'll agree with that. He has left some great notes on a couple of my caches. I'm glad they take the time to write enjoyable logs.

--RuffRidr

It's always very rewarding to get a positive feed back on a cache and I have been very fortunate to have received several on my Around Town caches.

Toppykitty98's post are always great. She not only comments about the cache, but includes the adventure of the hunt. I can almost visually see her during her hunt and it always brings a smile to my face.

Bebopishere's logs were really great. Not only did he state that he enjoyed the hunts, but that these caches inspired him to place more caches himself. That was very, very rewarding to me and I appreciated him sharing that.

The cachecrazies logs are awesome. They have a way of making each find, even the simplest micro, sound like a great hide. They have been a great inspiration to me.

There are several others who have impressed me with their logs and inspired me to always have something positive to say in logging my every find even if it's a lame cache in a lame park or a lamer park cache. Every cache placed took some effort on the part of the owner to place and submit. I always appreciate that effort.

This post would not be complete without telling of my most rewarding post of all. It actually never appeared on the cache page, but was logged in the log book in my "It Happens Every Spring" cache. Markrocks was the FTF this cache and his personal log places this game, and life in general, in prospective. I have removed his original log and replaced it with a copy. I didn't want to take a chance of ever losing the original. I hope everyone will get the opportunity to read the inspiring words that he wrote. It will touch your very soul.

Phantom_491 Guest
    The following find was just received on one of my caches in Texas.

"Location: Texas, United States
    TXRangers found Boiling Sands (Traditional Cache) at 12/11/2004

Log Date: 12/11/2004
    Let me start by just saying WOW! This is the prettiest cache we have
    done to date in East Texas!!! Had the water not been so up I am not sure
    if it would have been so special!

We arrived at the dam at the park and were very dissapointed to see the
    water steadly flowing over the spillway. After surveying the situation
    we realized that there was no way we could get to where we needed to go from this direction. Dissapointment began to sit in a little since this
    was the first cache of the day.... BUT not to be beaten Team ET-GEO sat
    out to find another route from the other side of the dam.

We drove around the bottom of the dam and bush wacked our way to the
    dam for about 3 tenths of a mile. Once we arrived at the dam we were
    still not sure if we were going to be able to make it down to the cache. We walked the dam all the way to the spillway and easily found our way
    down a nice trail following the GPS and compass readings. We decended to where we thought the cache was and at about the same time Slugger10 and myself located the cache box -OldBear was not far behind!

As high as the water was the sight was truly spectacular! We had no
    regret about the bushwacking hike we made to get into the area! This
    included all the elements we thinnk make a cache fun. -A nice hike, a well hidden cache and a reward with a beautiful location! -Thank You very
    much for taking us here!"

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwalker9
    This post would not be complete without telling of my most rewarding post of all. It actually never appeared on the cache page, but was logged in the log book in my "It Happens Every Spring" cache. Markrocks was the FTF this cache and his personal log places this game, and life in general, in prospective. I have removed his original log and replaced it with a copy. I didn't want to take a chance of ever losing the original. I hope everyone will get the opportunity to read the inspiring words that he wrote. It will touch your very soul.
    Woodwalker, r u planning to be at the Clarksville event? If so, it would be great if you could bring a copy of that log. I'm sure there are several of us who would love to read it, and I know that these kinds of things help Markrocks' memory to live on...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile