Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Cache Bash VI Challenge 12-SEP

2015 Cache Bash VI Challenge 12-SEP

What better way to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of Lake Ouachita State Park than to have Cache Bash 6.0! GC5XVXJ

Cache Bash VI is a day of fellowship and fun for geocachers and their friends. The primary purpose is to get together to share stories of our adventures, share caching related activities, and to encourage interested people of learn more about geocaching in Arkansas.

We are pleased to be having Cache Bash VI at Lake Ouachita State Park as a way to celebrate her 60th! Regardless of the weather outside, THE WEATHER is great under our big tent and the nearby visitor's center, so please come and play!

The day will start with registration at 9 AM, with all other events starting at around 10 AM.
    We plan on being done at ABOUT 4:00 PM with a few stories and awards for the day!
    Agenda:
    9:00 Registration Opens, Island Boat Tour registration open (if seats are still available), Coin and Discovery Table Opens, Accuracy Game Opens, Sign-ups for Game events open.

10:00 Cache Challenge Opens - Rules, score sheet and printed coordinates passed out. GSAK will be available for those with cords for their GPSr to download the coordinates for the dash caches.
    10:30 Mini Events Open:: SpyCaching, Evil Caching Contest, Speed Cache Trail (These events run all day)
    12:00 Picnic Lunch (Mini Events Close for Lunch - hey, we all need to eat, right?!)

Regarding FOOD and drinks - This is a picnic lunch experience. We will have iced water and hot dogs - you bring the rest and perhaps a little to share!

1:00 Island Tour Boats Leave.
    1:30
    Mini Events Reopen
    2:00 Cache Challenge Closes - All sheets have to be turned in by this time.

3:00 All Dash sheets due turned in, Discovery Tables Close, Mini Events Close
    3:30 Recognition and Feedback
    4:00 Depart

This is STILL SUMMER in Arkansas so please come prepared for an outing!
    The last Cache Bash V can be found here: http://coord.info/GC57Y5W

Cache Challenge Guidelines

The objective is to find the selected caches, "log them", and then report back to "home base" in the best time possible. This is for FUN so walk or run... go at your own pace - just be safe and enjoy your day with old, and new GeoFriends.

Each team (Single, Pairs, and Teams of +3) will sign-up on the appropriate sheet when checking in. There will be one round that you can begin at any time.

The final score will be calculated "per person" so there is not a large advantage to working in bigger groups - so just do what you'll enjoy the most. At the beginning every geocacher or team will receive their "Cache Bash Log Sheet" which will list the coordinates of the cache locations. Paper and GPX files will be available for upload at the registration tables. Teams should not start until the activity host signals that the fun has begun.
    On reaching a cache, the team will sign the log and use the stamp from the cache on their Cache Bash Log Sheet. In the event that a cache is believed to be muggled, contact one of the event hosts. PLEASE replace the caches as you have found them. Once you have 'logged' all the caches, get back to "home base" and the activity host will time stamp your log sheet. There are several 'evil' caches in the course and some caches will be harder to reach/find than others. For each cache you log/stamp, you'll get the points that posted on the logsheet.

All sheets should be turned in to "home base" before the end of the Bash. Not all caches need to be found in order to turn in your log for consideration. The winning team will be the one that completed the course in the shortest amount of time per person. The First tie-breaker will be total points as indicated by the log sheet. In the case of the need for a second tie-breaker activity, one will be given by the host OR the teams will split the title and any other boons.

Island Boat Tours

In the afternoon session, a guided tour of many of Lake Ouachita's Inland geocaches will be lead. IT IS STRONGLY suggested that you register your interest in the island boat tour early, as seating is limited. The cost is $10.00 per adult, and $5.00 child. To register, simply indicate your desire BY POSTING IN THIS THREAD AND POSTING A WILL ATTEND ON GC.COM. This is not a guarantee of you'll have a seat of course, as they will fill on a first come, first serve basis until gone.

If seats are still available, registration for the Island Cache Tour will be open during the morning registration at the park visitor center.
    Last edited by Savoy; 06-21-2015 at 02:03 PM.

Watch this post for updates on our Cache Bash 6.o and the Lake Ouachita Park 60th Anniversary Mystery Coin! The month before this event, you should be able to find these coins in caches around the state! When you find one, save it - and bring it to the event with you for, well, something Special!

Please only bring one, but if you find another - let a friend know!

- Savoy

Reserving a spot on the "Island Tour" for for Mrs. Savoy +1 muggle (two adults total).

What is the GC number? I do not see it anywhere.
    I use multi-billion dollar military satellites to find Tupperware in the woods, what's your hobby?

Quote Originally Posted by butch724 View Post
    What is the GC number? I do not see it anywhere.
    GC5XVXJ
    It may not go live on GC.com until latter today. - Savoy

Reserving a spot on the island tour for 3.
    Last edited by Clark~Griswold; 06-21-2015 at 06:30 PM.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

Reserving 3 spots. 2 adults and 1 child.

Reserving 3 spots (2 adults, 1 child).

Just curious, how many seats on the boat? And since I just reserved some seats (#8, 9, and 10, from my count), and assuming there are more than 10 seats available, I guess I have the seats. Or do I have to show up at 9 AM to claim my seats and if someone else gets there before me, I lose the seats? I guess I don't understand the "rules" for this. You say it is on a first-come, first-serve basis, so does that mean first-come, first-serve by reservation? OR first-come, first-serve by showing up at the event and claiming a seat?
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Reserving a spot for 2 adults for the Island Tour

Quote Originally Posted by OldRiverRunner View Post
    Reserving 3 spots (2 adults, 1 child).

Just curious, how many seats on the boat? And since I just reserved some seats (#8, 9, and 10, from my count), and assuming there are more than 10 seats available, I guess I have the seats. Or do I have to show up at 9 AM to claim my seats and if someone else gets there before me, I lose the seats? I guess I don't understand the "rules" for this. You say it is on a first-come, first-serve basis, so does that mean first-come, first-serve by reservation? OR first-come, first-serve by showing up at the event and claiming a seat?
    You're all good... I'll post a message here (and on the official page) when we're full. I have at least two boats ready to go so far. For those who reserve a place, you're names will be on the list (pre-registered) with the Park Service who will handle all the rest.

Hope that helps! Les/Savy