Thread: mountainborn caches in sw arkansas brushy creek area

grandkid44 Guest

mountainborn caches in sw arkansas brushy creek area

Though very remote, there is a new series of well thought out and executed caches in our state . We spent the day here with jerry and bonnie, mountainborn , and oxford ( my parrot ). This is arguably the best series of caches in Arkansas , well worth the effort. These are imaginative caches...Im nick naming this the chainsaw massacre series. It would be an adventure to get a group together in LR and motor over to the brushy creek area . Forestry maps are recommended and you need a 4wd vehicle . We found mountainborn on the trail and he helped us navigate to the caches . This is about a six hr round trip and you will need a good 8hrs to find the caches , swim , skinny dip , picnic, etc..This is way too good a series of caches to be ignored because of their remote location....be gutsy , go for it.

SteveBrown Guest
    Very exciting. I can't wait. Thanks for the alert.

http://mysteve.com

How fast do you think they could be done on a 4 wheeler? hahahaha
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

mountainborn Guest
    A four wheeler is the very way to go ! Each would be a park and grab for sure on a four wheeler.

mountainborn Guest

Added a couple of Micros

I have added a couple of micros to help mark some navagational points en route to the "LOCK YER' HUBS" cache.
    Here is a trail marker cache I logged on the way, thanks to a heads up from team Jerry Bonnie and Abby.
    View a Cache Log

[upload image]
    Saturday, June 04, 2005
    mountainborn found Native American Trail Trees (Locationless (Reverse) Cache)
    E 1.8mi from your home coordinates.

N 34° 22.558 W 094° 19.682
    < prev image [edit image] next image >
    Click image to view original

MOUNTAINBORN, chainsaw and GPS

This marker tree is very ancient. It is on a main trail to a crossing on the Cossatott River, now named ED Banks Crossing. The Caddo Indians named the river Cossatott, which means "SKULL CRUSHER". A dirt road now follows this Indian / Early settlers trail down to the crossing. This marker points from the trail to a ancient campsite at a spring where there is evidence of flint knapping ( arrow head making ).This photo is of "MOUNTAINBORN" who is on his way to work on his "CHAINSAW MASSACRE" cache series in the Ouachita National Forest. There are six caches in the Brushy Creek "CHAINSAW MASSACRE" series at this time. MOUNTAINBORN stopped long enough for wife "BUTCHERKNIFE" to take this photo and pay his respects to his ancestors and their way of life.